July 4 fireworks on the lake

mattb

Reaction score
Hi all.  We went to Lake Webster IN. this year and had a very nice show for the 4th.  I would like to make fireworks on a lake an annual trip.  Anyone care to recommend a lake/river for next year?  Thanks.

Deepcreek lake in western Maryland is pretty good but it does get crowded around the fourth. They have autumn glory next month. A lot of people like to ride on the lake when the leaves are changing.

Thanks v10,  

We usually do a fall trip or two as well.  Starting to make next years out of Ohio plans.

How about coming north to the great state of Michigan? I know that while we have plenty of lakes with fireworks, I can only speak to that which I know: Houghton Lake. While we might not have the prettiest water, it's a big, clean (thanks to a sewer system installed back in the 70's) lake with a decent fireworks show. 

Definitely an option.  My neighbors did the dunes/lake deal with boats and bikes and what not.  St. Clair would be cool too.  Your about 5.5 hrs from here so that is very doable, plus several lakes close by.  Thank you for the input, if/when you come across a fire works schedule would you please forward to me.  Years ago my wife and I did a week in MI.  Ford Museum, Mackinac Is., Soo locks, Agawa Canyon train ride, Whitefish Point, lighthouses, a moose, Pictured Rocks, had to stop at Munising and hightail it back home.  Always wanted to go back.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Fireworks are on every river front especially in the Pittsburgh region. BUT.... If you are looking for a one of a kind unique experience seen in only a few cities worldwide come to Sharon PA Mercer County

WaterFire is a world renowned ,multi sensory art event that can be experienced in Providence, Columbus, KansasCity, Singapore, Rome, and Sharon. 

ABOUT-WATERFIRE-SHARON-BANNERv2.jpg

FIRE-PERFORMER-300x225.jpg

LIGHTING.TD_-1024x320.jpg

39ec5a13979ebb5c60f3c99b7e707044.jpg

SS_20160914dsWaterFireInFocus01.jpg

Over fifty custom built floating braziers are anchored in the Shenango River in downtown Sharon, PA.  The baskets are filled with wood and set ablaze at nightfall to produce a unique and compelling display.  Fire and Water are opposing elements, and there’s something synergistic about these flames blazing atop the water in their specially engineered braziers.  Music plays on a custom audio system which supplies the soundtrack backdrop.  WaterFire events aren’t for everybody, but there’s only one way to find out if its for you.  Come and attend one of the most interesting art installations in the world, and Mercer County’s Shenango Valley is a perfect location.  Maybe it’s one of the reasons that people keep returning to these performances…and return they do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely an option.  My neighbors did the dunes/lake deal with boats and bikes and what not.  St. Clair would be cool too.  Your about 5.5 hrs from here so that is very doable, plus several lakes close by.  Thank you for the input, if/when you come across a fire works schedule would you please forward to me.  Years ago my wife and I did a week in MI.  Ford Museum, Mackinac Is., Soo locks, Agawa Canyon train ride, Whitefish Point, lighthouses, a moose, Pictured Rocks, had to stop at Munising and hightail it back home.  Always wanted to go back.  

Sounds like you hit many of the nice spots, but there are many more to check out! Thanks for visiting and I'll try to update on the fireworks schedule. 

Hi ! How about Green Lake Wisconsin. Good size lake 7.5 x 2 miles. Deepest lake in Wisconsin you can enjoy the Fireworks from anywhere on the lake. Three different communities put on a nice show that you can see while relaxing on  your Bennington Pontoon  Check it out.

Back