Just got a used 07 2275 RL with 150hp Honda

07Honda150

Reaction score
Brand new here and to Bennington.

I am in Northern Ontario Canada and I just bought a 07 2275RL Tritoon with a 150 Honda on it. The toon has 170 hrs and is in new condition with trailer.

Extra's are storage in floor(huge), 25" tubes with lifting strakes and wave shield, extra optional seat, marine radio, otional recliner captain chair, ski bar, dual bat's and double bimini tops.

I paid $24.995.00 for it. After shopping I think I did well. But that does not matter I am blown away how it rides in a 2 foot chop and how quiet the Honda is. I would have got rid of the 24' bowriders a long time ago if I knew.

I added a 55 pound thrust IPilot minkota 12 volt and it seems to work very well, 1.8mph GPS.

PERFORMANCE

150 Honda 2.14 gear ratio 6100 RPM 13.5X15 Honda SS prop GPS speed was 38.2mph aprox. 6% prop slip.

With 6 adults and 3/4 tank of fuel 34.1mph at 6000RPM

I am going to try a Mercury Revolution4 14 5/8X15 on it that I just ordered from Prop Gods. I dont think it will help with speed. It's more for hooking up in the coners.

I will share my results when I am done.

Welcome. We have the same boat and love it. Tha Honda is quiet and smooth. We run a 15x15p Enertia and it gets the job done. Good luck.

Are you sure the diameter of your current prop is 13.5'? Way too small for your gearcase. I tried a Rev4 last year on our tritoon. The Rev4 was a very nice prop for cruising, but it certainly wasn't the fastest prop. The Rev4 has more bow lift than most 4 blades out there, but not enough. It ran too flat on the tritoon to produce any decent speeds. The Rev4 is also a VERY heavy prop. You will definitely know when you shift it into gear because it'll give a solid clunk just to get all that weight in motion. It was a smooth running prop, but I found absolutely no advantage in performance in cornering (staying hooked up) or mid to top end speed. I was rather disappointed with the midrange acceleration on up to the short top end number. Your best bet is a large diameter 15.5 or 15.75 Solas L3. The Enertia would also be a good option.

Ken @ Propgods is good guy to deal with and if you aren't happy with the Rev4, he will work with you to get you the right prop. In the end, he'll make sure you're happy. :) He also works closely with Rich @ Leading Edge Propellers. There are only a handful of true high performance prop shops in the country, and Rich is one of my top picks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back