Kansas City Boat Show

Alicedream

Reaction score
4C356FE9-5565-4F8C-B305-EA4F19CE4D93.jpeg 41248935-A9D0-4280-8E52-B3DA9D6FFFA9.jpeg i thought you would all enjoy this pic of twin 400 Mercs on a JC pontoon boat at the Kansas City boat show. I still like Bennington more than any other brand primarily for their attention to detail of the over all look and fee of the boat. All the curves on furniture, sides are symmetrical as they make sure everything matches. I know I am biased.

Boat probably only does 65 even with all that power!

800hp to go 65mph doesn’t get me excited!!! I’m more go vs. show.

I see your point. Thought top end would be more.......

Brad Rowland had 3-300's on his South Bay when he went over the 100 mph barrier at LOTO didn't he???

Guy up where we run had twin 300 e-techs on the back of a Manitou triple and it only ran mid 60s. I’m with Andy, that much horsepower should come with a lot more speed, put that in a 26’ glass boat and you can run well into the 70s. My buddy has a center console that runs twin 250s and hit bangs the 70 mark all day and that boats a load!!

Let me reinforce though.... that’s one bada&$ motor!! No disrespect there!!:)

I was told this boat would probably top out in the mid 90’s.

I was told this boat would probably top out in the mid 90’s.
If that thing runs mid 90s I’d have to have a good look under the deck to make sure what’s there hangs in at that speed. But if it runs in the 90s that’s impressive!!!

I watched pontoon at ozarks last summer go 115 with 900 HP this only has 100HP les so 90’s does not seem out of bounds. Who knows. I agree many 600 MPH top out in 60’s.

LOTO seems to be a whole different animal than I've ever known. Except for an occasional bass boat or PWC doing 60 or 70, most of our lake boat traffic is moving much slower. I can't even begin to imagine having boats flying along at 100+ speeds. I'd think it would stress me out...

Back