Kicker amp upgrade with subwoofer

I have the kicker amp/sub upgrade in my swingback. I needed it because we often want music when we are outside the boat and I wanted to make sure there was enough power to the rear facing speakers. I also frequently run at speed and want to hear the music over the wind and motor. It is a fantastic system and well worth it in my opinion if you don't want to do upgrades yourself. You can certainly save money upgrading on your own if you want more power/better sound and there are many threads here on that topic. In my opinion it really depends how you listen. If at low speeds and everyone is in the boat you may not need the upgrade. The base speakers are pretty decent in my opinion.

Good info dmhflash. Thank you! Wondering where is it located in your boat? Is there any vibration/rattling with it?

The amp/sub upgrade in my second boat isn't as powerful as the one I had in the first one. I installed the first, and the second one came from the factory. The sound is still good, and is loud enough for us. I like the upgrade from factory because it's now warrantied for 10 years, where the one I installed was only for a year. :D
It's located under the helm, in the far front side of the compartment. I can still get a cooler in there with room for other things. Granted, this isn't a 30 gallon cooler.

Good info dmhflash. Thank you! Wondering where is it located in your boat? Is there any vibration/rattling with it?
My sub is located under the helm. It is well secured to the floor but it takes up more than half of the available floor space in there. My bass setting is really low, something like -2 on a scale of -5 to +5. It doesn't rattle or vibrate at that level but if you turn it up it will really thump. I just want a full sound spectrum, i don't want to sound like a vegas club.

I've got the Kicker 10" sub and 5 channel amp in mine. The stereo "now" actually sounds really good (and I'm very picky). My sub came mounted under the starboard side front lounger. I added a second sub to the rear area and that made a substantial difference. I also tweaked the amp a bit, added a sub knob and two stereo remotes (front and rear). Pontoons are a bit different than say V bottom boats so they are a bit more finicky about dialing in the stereo. I've had some very high end expensive stereos in my other boats and vehicles and for what it is the Kicker deck with added subs and stuff sounds great. A friend recently ordered and received a new Benny with the Kicker stuff. The amp from the factory wasn't tuned well at all. Took all of about 5 minutes to get their stereo dialed in and now it sounds much better.

Back