Lake Jocassee

azray007

Reaction score
Howdy! 

We live around Charlotte, NC and have been hearing tells of this secret lake paradise called Lake Jocassee in SC.  I believe the boat access is in Devil's Fork state park.  http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/devilsfork/introduction.aspx  

It's not a bad drive for us to do a day trip; however, I would like to make a weekend of it.  I've heard of folks camping on the lake and I've looked at staying in the state park in a cabin.  Right now, finding lodging is an issue.  Does anyone in the area have any lodging recommendations and most importantly, how is the lake and is there any must destinations while on the lake?

Since I'm pulling my boat, staying overnight at a Holiday Inn and leaving my boat and Yeti's on the boat is something I would like to avoid.  Ideally, I would like to find a house or cabin that is close to the lake boat ramp.  I'm even up for doing a two - three day trip during the week. 

Thank you for any recommendations or advice!

Did you ever get out to the lake?
I have driven past this lake for work several times.
I love the looks of it and often thought of doing the same as you mentioned above..
Please share if you were able to make it!?

Howdy!

We live around Charlotte, NC and have been hearing tells of this secret lake paradise called Lake Jocassee in SC. I believe the boat access is in Devil's Fork state park. http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/devilsfork/introduction.aspx

It's not a bad drive for us to do a day trip; however, I would like to make a weekend of it. I've heard of folks camping on the lake and I've looked at staying in the state park in a cabin. Right now, finding lodging is an issue. Does anyone in the area have any lodging recommendations and most importantly, how is the lake and is there any must destinations while on the lake?

Since I'm pulling my boat, staying overnight at a Holiday Inn and leaving my boat and Yeti's on the boat is something I would like to avoid. Ideally, I would like to find a house or cabin that is close to the lake boat ramp. I'm even up for doing a two - three day trip during the week.

New to the forum and interested in knowing other Bennington owners on lake Jocassee and lake Keowee. We have benn on lake Keowee for years and now have a place NW of Hwy 11 across from the Cliffs Vineyards, about 5 miles from Lake Jocassee. Both lakes are awesome and so clean and deep with waterfalls with a backdrop of the Blue Ridge NC mountains. Lake Jocassee is like Lake Tahoe. National Geographic says that our area is “;home to the 9th out of, 50 of the worlds last great places Destions of a Lifetime” on the cover of their special edition. Intense concentration of water falls numbering over.25. Http://.keoweelaketeam.com/last-great-places

Howdy!

We live around Charlotte, NC and have been hearing tells of this secret lake paradise called Lake Jocassee in SC. I believe the boat access is in Devil's Fork state park. http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/devilsfork/introduction.aspx

It's not a bad drive for us to do a day trip; however, I would like to make a weekend of it. I've heard of folks camping on the lake and I've looked at staying in the state park in a cabin. Right now, finding lodging is an issue. Does anyone in the area have any lodging recommendations and most importantly, how is the lake and is there any must destinations while on the lake?

Since I'm pulling my boat, staying overnight at a Holiday Inn and leaving my boat and Yeti's on the boat is something I would like to avoid. Ideally, I would like to find a house or cabin that is close to the lake boat ramp. I'm even up for doing a two - three day trip during the week.

You probably already have your answers but there is a 3 bedroom cabin nearby that is listed on VRBO. No room for your boat but there is a gated storage facility near also. If you go with a cabin at Devils Fork keep in mind that you cannot leave your boat in the water overnight. Also get a state park map before you go and mark off some of the waterfalls you want to see....the best ones are pretty well hidden.

Back