Lake St. Clair

I'm not on St. Clair but would love to get out there this summer as I've never been out on it. I hear the small mouth fishing is the best there is. There are a couple members on here out that way and I'm sure they'll chime in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love some pointers on what areas to target. My buddy and I are just catch and release guys. Feel free to send me a private message so the world doesn't find out! Any more specs on your boat? Photos? Looks like you have a good setup with the sps and 150 combo!

Smallmouth and muskie....one of the best places anywhere...and I mean anywhere, to catch either of those species....and don't forget the walleye fishing.  I grew up fishing for walleye on that lake.

We are right next store at Belle Maer

How choppy does St. Clair get? Any hesitation taking a tri-toon out there?

It does get very choppy, but mostly on weekend afternoons when all the big cruisers are out.  A normal weekend is probably 1-2 foot chop, with random 3 footers that you have to really watch out for.  We’ve been in some very rough water out there and the boat has always impressed me, it can get bumpy, but I’ve never taken on any water or felt unsafe.  We stay around Anchor Bay, which has plenty of very calm smaller bays to park in.  

Good to know. Thanks. I really want to get out there and do some fishing!!!

It does get very choppy, but mostly on weekend afternoons when all the big cruisers are out.  A normal weekend is probably 1-2 foot chop, with random 3 footers that you have to really watch out for.  We’ve been in some very rough water out there and the boat has always impressed me, it can get bumpy, but I’ve never taken on any water or felt unsafe.  We stay around Anchor Bay, which has plenty of very calm smaller bays to park in.  

Spent almost four years in New Baltimore right after graduating from college (first job nearby). Not having a boat, I had limited time on the water but still enjoyed the area. Except for fish fly season! Beautiful body of water, Lake St Clair is...

I'm finally heading out to St Clair with some buddies tomorrow. I'll update if I have any luck. Later than when we wanted to get out there but the weather has been crap on the weekends. Hopefully the smallies are not locked down on their beds.

Have them stop at Brownies .  :p

Back