Last day.....

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Took the boat out today for the season but somehow ended up at Apps and Taps for a nice lunch on a gorgeous warm November day! IMG_20211109_142646304_HDR.jpgIMG_9540.jpg

Do you ever get to leave it in all season being in NC? My, likely misinformed northerner, vision is all you boaters in the south having it in the water almost all year. Maybe depends a lot on location and elevation….?

Looks like a beautiful day for a boat ride. I used up a vacation day yesterday and did some boating and fishing.

Attachments

• 1FE32296-9DAA-428F-939D-2BBB642A547D.jpeg
    1FE32296-9DAA-428F-939D-2BBB642A547D.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 9
Do you ever get to leave it in all season being in NC? My, likely misinformed northerner, vision is all you boaters in the south having it in the water almost all year. Maybe depends a lot on location and elevation….?
We never did because we had an I/O and that had to be winterized so the engine block wouldn't crack. (Yes it gets cold down here too! Not Michigan cold but it usually snows once or twice a season here! Ha!) The difference is that they don't have the snow removal equipment that other cities have in the north. If it snows it's usually gone the next day. Average daily temp in December, January, and February is above 50 but in can get well below freezing at night. But there are people all over this lake with outboards that keep them in the water and on lifts. People fish on this lake every day no matter how cold it gets!

Back