Local Boat Show

PartyBarge

Reaction score
Just visited a local show at the Lake Keowee marina. Not as big as pre-CV19 years, but pretty active. Seems that most of the dealers have sold a lot of their inventory too. Several interesting pontoons were running. One was a 20' South Bay with 200 HP! That thing was really fast...seemed to be barely touching the water at speed...reminded me of a hydroplane! Another pontoon that caught my attention was a 20' Ranger tritoon with a 90 HP Merc and black powder-coated tubes with lifting strakes. OK, nothing special so far. Get this; the Merc was a Command Thrust (larger lower unit) with 2.38 gears AND a Enertia 16x11p prop! Not only is the prop impressive, but it looks like a monster on a 90 HP motor! I was thinking the rig is under-proped and pushing some numbers in a slip calculator only makes that thought stronger. Guess the dealer didn't have any other use for that prop. Anyway, sure is a surprise to see a $700+ prop on a 90!

Just visited a local show at the Lake Keowee marina. Not as big as pre-CV19 years, but pretty active. Seems that most of the dealers have sold a lot of their inventory too. Several interesting pontoons were running. One was a 20' South Bay with 200 HP! That thing was really fast...seemed to be barely touching the water at speed...reminded me of a hydroplane!
I've driven a 21' South Bay with a 200.
Perfect application for active trim, cuz trying to keep up with the trim leaves very few opportunities to sip on your beer! Fun!

Yeah, I've seen a number of high-HP pontoons, but the only ones that looked like that at speed were I/O's that some free-spirit pulled the 4-banger and squeezed in a V8!

Back