Locking gas cap for 2275RCW Bennington

sberres

Reaction score
Just bought a Bennington 2275RCW. First time to own a tritoon. I am going to be keeping it at my marina. Problem is there has been a few instances of gas theft at the marina. Does anyone know of a locking gas cap that would fit the boat. Brand and part number would be appreciated

suggest take the old one to a place like Advance Auto Parts or a NAPA and have them try to match

Just bought a Bennington 2275RCW. First time to own a tritoon. I am going to be keeping it at my marina. Problem is there has been a few instances of gas theft at the marina. Does anyone know of a locking gas cap that would fit the boat. Brand and part number would be appreciated
I would try these, they are made close to me in the US, and are very high quality. I have my fuel and water locked up with them.

www.tanklock.com

The locking lever on that style may or may not work with your boat due to the venting design. I bought a locking device for my bow rider a couple years back - with a nearly a 40G tank, I thought the peace of mind it would bring was worth the cost. They are sold based on the type of fuel neck installed. The bow rider had a perko, as I believe our Bennington's do. The locking devices for the Perko filler necks fit inside the fuel filler neck preventing potential theives from inserting a siphon tube. Contrary to the picture below, they insert all the way in, allowing the existing screw on gas cap to function normally.

cwr34457-400x400.gif

I bought mine here: http://www.shipstore.com/SS/HTML/PKO/PKO0525DP0BLK.html

*edit - not two months after I installed it, my next door neighbor advised that someone stole about 15 - 20G of gas from their bow rider. I was shocked as they have a below deck tank and keep the boat in the water. With no way to start a gravity siphon, the theives must have used a self-priming pump.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back