Longer life from seat pucks

Jgedeon

Reaction score
The seat pucks that hold the seat covers in place where the batteries are placed can break pretty easy. My experience is with the lounge seats and the swing back seats. They are black rubber pucks that hold the seat to the base.

For the chase lounge and swing back seats take the bolt out then place in a fender washer then re-secure with the bolt. This will put the rubber base that has a pressed piece of metal between two solid metal surfaces for a longer life.

Those with wide beams and swing backs, the added seat on the starboard side will have a different size puck and at this time not sure the exact size of washer needed. But looks like it will also help.

If you haven't added the washer when the rubber puck gives out and comes off you can use the washer method to re-secure the puck until the new one comes in.

Thanks for the info. Our 2017 Swingback seats, pop up section with pucks are still going strong. However, maybe this will help from here on out. Never worried about it…until now…lol.

Assuming we are talking about the same thing. When they fail, your cushion over the batteries can go flying out the boat at high speed never to be seen again. Ask me how I know! Bennington was great and replaced the cushion along with new rubber seats/cups no questions asked. I did add an internal strap/bungee that keeps the cushion from flying out should the cups lose their grip again.

Hmmmm….another nice idea with putting a bungee in there.

Back