Looking to install a washdown pump on my pontoon.

mltessier

Reaction score
Would like to install a washdown pump on my pontoon. Suggestions on where to install it, how to wire it up, etc. Any help is appreciated
Thanks!

I put one in my last toon, 2017 23Rsb. I pulled out the built-in cooler and installed it under the seat. I ran a 3/4" hose through the floor, across the top of the toon and down the back into the water. At the end I used a graco inlet strainer to keep all the dirt and stuff from getting to the pump. I wired it to an open accessory switch. It worked great! We did have to replace the hose every couple years, but never had an issue with the pump. We used it a lot in the summer when parked on the beach to cool down the sand :)

What model boat. I have a 2017 and just found my rear loungers are already drilled for the access port. Just need to cut the vinyl.

There’s lots that come with the pump, switch, hose container and hose/sprayer. You could just drop down through floor to drop intake into “lake” water. All you need to do is run wire to power/ground.

I thought my washdown pump failed last year, and turned out it was just a circuit breaker. I found this out after I purchased a brand new one. I still have it.... it is a Pentair Shurflo PRO Blaster II pump. (12v DC, 4 gallons per minute flow, and is the exact same model that Bennington installed from the factory). Online prices go from as low as $220 to over $350. I am willing to sell it to you very cheaply, since I have no use for it. Let me know, and we can work out a deal if you like. (It was never put into use, by the way. I have the original packaging, manual, attachments, etc.)

Back