Looks like I'm upgrading

mtudb24

Reaction score
I was part of first members of this forum back in 2011 and was a member before I even put money down on my 2011 2275 RCW.

After the 6 years on the water, my better half found something she'd rather have.  Don't worry, its still a Benny,.  So we left the Detroit boat show today and we have 2 leads on where our next Benny will be purchased.  Either a 2016 leftover 25RSB or a new 2017 23RSB

List of must haves are this..

32" twin Elips with waveshield and strakes (unless the 2016 left over as its an ESP with 250Hp Yammi)  Don't know anything about them and nearest dealer is over an hour away.  Merc and Evinrude 10 min away  Have a 2nd boat that does all our watersports. (Yammi twin engine jet boat 230xs with twin 160hp jet drives)

1. Rough water package and fuel water separator

2. stainless steel rub rail with stainless steel docking lights

3. underwater lighting, side skirt lighting, cup holder lighting, Bimini top lighting, speaker lighting

4. Raised helm with upgraded Simarad  GPS / FF

5. Mega pod with 200hp option and delete 1 person capacity

6.  Dual battery with Switch

7.  Pop up cleats front and rear.  Stainless steel rub rail, and ss docking lights

8.  Stowable front sun lounge

9.  Flooring is up for grabs.  Seagrass, teak, bamboo, or a combination of 2 of them. NO carpet

10.  200hp Merc Opti Pro xs or Evinrude 200hp HO

11.  Sea star hyd steering. NO power assisted steering.  Not needed as water sports are done with another boat

12.  Panel colors are up for debate. As well as stand seating. No need for pillow top upholstery. Maybe Regatta blue or black or ??

13. Black out package.

14.  The stainless keeper rail on the back lounger is optional, We rarely have more then 8 people on our boat.

15.  Curved Bimini top (optional)

16.  Kicker upgrade with Amp

17. 52" ski pylon

Anything else you guys think I am missing?

Todd

Congratulations Mtud, going to be a great summer.  My only must have would be the Underdeck wave shield as it  will provide a much smoother ride

Nice sounding build Todd. I really wish wife (and wallet) would have went with Swingback. I do love that style. The rail is really only needed to use the rear while underway (if that's law in your state). I do admit, Bennington makes the rail look nice and classy in stainless. They could have gone basic and just use panel railing. 

Sounds like a great plan Todd. We saw the swingbacks at our local boat show last night, very nice. You might consider going 4-stroke this time around, peace and quiet, digital shift/controls, fuel efficiency, and eventually better resale.

Absolutely a great sounding plan. But I'd be putting the new Evinrude G1 250HO on the rear. I have the 200HO and love it! And would repower with the new motor,but the upgrade cost makes no sense. Best thing is that the new boat would have a 10yr. warranty on both the boat and motor.

Nice sounding boat. 

Congrats 

Sounds like some great options!  We have a 2017 swing back on order and live in Michigan.  As an FYI in your decision making process, to have anyone on the back of the swing back lounge when under way, you need to have the chrome railing on it in Michigan. Looking forward to hopefully seeing pictures of it once you get it.

One  thought...If you are going blackout package,  I would opt not to have the stainless rails on the rear unless you are required to.  Functionally it's probably good to have them for safety, but for looks, I think it messes with the lines of those great looking profiles.  But hey, I'm shallow:)

Nice build Todd!  What about an extended deck?  Great to fish from. Maybe that's just an S option?  Oh, by the way, thanks again for the prop!

Sounds like it will be a beauty regardless of what option you take (leftover vs. new). I'd go for ESP though just due to the fact or resale.

Welcome! It sounds great but IMO I'd skip the ski pylon without the power steering. 

Sounds good Todd!!! Delivery?!?

Back