Magma Connoisseur series gas grill

TOON'D OUT

Reaction score
I have decided to add a decent stainless steel grill to our Pontoon. So I paid a visit to my local West Marine and picked the Connoisseur series up. I looked at the Cabo but decided on the Chefs Mate. I also decided to go with a pedestal floor mount. It quickly detaches if you don't plan on using the grill. The grill appears well made and I like that fact its made here in the USA. I also picked up the shelf you see in the photo. It makes for a nice place to set grilling utensils, timer etc.

The next step will be where to locate the floor mount for the pedestal. The rear vinyl floor rear platform is on the short list of mounting locations.

cheers!

clearpixel.gif
clearpixel.gif
clearpixel.gif
clearpixel.gif
clearpixel.gif
clearpixel.gif
clearpixel.gif
connoisseurbanner.jpg
803_with_fine_print.jpg
Fold-Away legs.

Perfect for that quick picnic on shore.

Inner Safety Shell.

Funnels grease into front access grease tray

reducing flare-up and heat discoloration.

100% 18-9 mirror polished stainless steel.

For lasting beauty and superior corrosion resistance.

Convenient Snap-out radiant plate. Allows quick,

easy clean-up and perfect even heat distribution.

Oversized perfectly balanced lockable lid.

Won't slam shut and secures all inner components

for transport.

Full-length handle.

Gives access from either side and makes mounting

and transport easy.

Front access, lock-in-place grease tray.

Swiveling valve/ regulator.

Allows quick and safe gas bottle exchange.

Magma offers the largest selection of mounting

options and accessories. To customize your grill to your boat.

Serving Shelf and Fuel Canister are not included. See Mounts and Accessories.

Grilling Area:

162 sq. in. (1045 sq. cm)

9" x 18" (23 x 46 cm)

Meticulous attention to even the smallest details creates the finest value grill available. Wind tested for perfect even heat distribution, this grill offers the cooking performance usually only found in large back yard grills costing much more. Easily transported, the Fold-Away legs are out of the way on-board, but readily available for that quick picnic on shore. The Snap-out radiant plate provides easy access for clean up yet allows the flame kissed flavor that makes for really memorable meals on onboard or ashore. Designed for beauty and performance, you’ll find that the Chef’sMate is constructed flawlessly for years on dependable use. Uses standard disposable 1-lb. propane canisters or adapts to on-board LPG (propane) or CNG (natural gas) systems.

Hey Toons, that looks like a really nice grill! As far as location,i thought it would be in the way if you mounted it inside the playpen, so the rear seems like the best choice. And no spills on the carpet. Are you going to put anything on the floor, like a grill mat? Post some pics so we can see how it turns out!

Hey Toons, that looks like a really nice grill! As far as location,i thought it would be in the way if you mounted it inside the playpen, so the rear seems like the best choice. And no spills on the carpet. Are you going to put anything on the floor, like a grill mat? Post some pics so we can see how it turns out!
Thanks! :) The swim platform at the left rear corner of the boat is probably where I will install the floor mount.

I want to make sure that I locate the floor mount and grill so it does not look like an after thought. As for a grill mat, I may consider one if I need it.

We will probably grill chicken or tenderloin kabobs, shrimp and veggies which are lean and not huge grease producers. :)

It will probably be a week or so before I do the install. I plan to post pics.

Great looking grill. I like the idea of using a pedistal mount in the back. I have a 20' SLI too, and am planning on putting a mount for a fishing chair in the back. If that works out, a grill would be another nice addition. Can't wait to see some pics of the finished job.

Back