Massive amounts of water in 2021 BowRider Storage Compartment. SOLVED!

RJS

Reaction score
Hey all,

We took delivery of a BowRider a week ago and took her out for maiden voyage.

Inland Lake, no waves, lots of floating and maybe 30 minutes of real run time.

While on the water, motor off (ETEC 250 HO, yes by personal request) and floating, I noticed the transom riding pretty low in the water, like almost equal with the water line, maybe 2" above the water line.. max. I opened the hatch to the storage well and the well was FULL of water, maybe 4" from the top, 3-4 inches ABOVE the floor boards of the storage compartment, everything floating. Bilge pump was off. I turned on the bilge pump and it pumped the water below the boards in 5-10 minutes... It was a good day as the Brewers won but ...

Is this normal?

Thank you...

rjs

I lean in with you guys. That seems awful excessive, and very disconcerting.

Hopefully a few others with a little experience with the bow riders can chime in (not many in here with them given how new that design is).

I might simultaneously reach out to the dealer and inquire about it though too. I really lean into there being some sort of leak in there for it to fill that fast doing so little.

Hey all,

We took delivery of a BowRider a week ago and took her out for maiden voyage.

Inland Lake, no waves, lots of floating and maybe 30 minutes of real run time.

While on the water, motor off (ETEC 250 HO, yes by personal request) and floating, I noticed the transom riding pretty low in the water, like almost equal with the water line, maybe 2" above the water line.. max. I opened the hatch to the storage well and the well was FULL of water, maybe 4" from the top, 3-4 inches ABOVE the floor boards of the storage compartment, everything floating. Bilge pump was off. I turned on the bilge pump and it pumped the water below the boards in 5-10 minutes... It was a good day as the Brewers won but ...

Is this normal?

Thank you...

rjs
I did not think the Bowrider had an option for infloor storage? Possible this is the rear transom / gas tank storage sections? Agree with above posts, need some input from a Bowrider Owner.

Hmm, pics of where the water was would be great, hopefully no one ends up like this person.....

Those bilge/storage areas collect water from several sources - rain would be #1 but also if they cleaned it by hosing it down. Bilge pump has three settings - on, off and auto. Water has a tough time evaporating naturally from those areas.

It's possible it was just old water and now that you've pumped out are good to go. But I would keep an eye on it in case there is some issue like a leak that would warrant more immediate action.

Good luck!

Heh, heh...that was a pretty good dunk!
I like their anchor, I have the same model!
Was that a cinder block?!? Ha!

Circling back...

Pretty simple solution... The Bowrider has a drain plug way down at the bottom of the mid toon in front of the motor on the back wall of the toon. Sorry can't explain it better. Pretty inconvenient and well hid.

The dealer didn't install it prior to our demo ride and it was still out when we took it home..

Dealership was a bit sheepish when addressed with this situation but all is good...

Circling back...

Pretty simple solution... The Bowrider has a drain plug way down at the bottom of the mid toon in front of the motor on the back wall of the toon. Sorry can't explain it better. Pretty inconvenient and well hid.

The dealer didn't install it prior to our demo ride and it was still out when we took it home..

Dealership was a bit sheepish when addressed with this situation but all is good...
How did it drive and ride?

Back