Mercruiser 350 Mag

Butchkid

Reaction score
My boat came with a Mercruiser 350 Mag and tonight when I fired it up it gave me a system fault - low drive lube message. I'm looking for the manual online. How often do I need to add drive lube, and where do I do that?

My boat came with a Mercruiser 350 Mag and tonight when I fired it up it gave me a system fault - low drive lube message. I'm looking for the manual online. How often do I need to add drive lube, and where do I do that?
There's a reservoir on the port side of the engine, above the exhaust manifold. You may need to occasionally add a few ounces, but if you are needing a refill more often, you may want to bring it to your dealer's attention. If the fluid's been changed recently, it's normal as bubbles in the system need to work their way out.

Did you not get a Mercruiser manual with your new boat? If not, there's another reason to bug your dealer.

Excellent! Thank you. I couldn't find the manual for the Mercruiser so I will bug them. I called them today and they said the same thing. He said this is common on new engines and adding a few ounces will fix it. They should change the alert to something less alarming. :). SYSTEM FAULT scared me.

Back