mercury engine owners

mtudb24

Reaction score
All of those with large Merc optimax, verado's etc, have you played around with the props with the PCS vents in your prop? Just curious. Im gonna do some testing this weekend and measure the difference in hole shot, time to plane, etc.

just wonder if anyone has tinkered around

Todd

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Mercury Verado 225 on mine and I have not played around with it. Actually, I never even knew about it until reading your post. I'm heading up to the cottage tomorrow so I'll be taking a look at it. Please post any results you find.

Thank you.

Chad

Well I played around a bit. The opti 150xs jumps onto plane quickly with no pvs plugs pulled. I pulled 1 plug

and there was a "seat of the pants" sense of being faster. I didn't have stop watch, so I can't give exact number to 30mph etc. It just left quicker. 2 plugs out and all she did was slip. Real noticeable difference in how slow it was to plane. I didn't even try pulling the 3rd plug. But I am going to leave 1 out. Top speed and wot didn't change. On this day it was 42mph at 5500. Had 3 people in boat and half fuel but it was rough and we bounced a bit.

Had 4 people, full fuel on Saturday with bimini top up and running 36 to 38. Got 12some hours on motor now.

Todd

Back