Mercury Spitfire Pontoon Prop

uscjeffrey

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a dealer carrying the spitfire prop yet? Sounds like a good prop. Are there similar props another manufacturer makes?

I have a yamaha 115 with a stainless prop and it vibrates at very low rpms (gear lash or something??). From what I understand, running an aluminum prop will solve the vibration issue. Hence my interest in the spitfire.

I believe the pontoon specific props are being delivered this month for the 115hp. I assure you, I'll be an owner of one by the end of March to begin testing before the boating season begins here in KY!

Has anyone seen a dealer carrying the spitfire prop yet? Sounds like a good prop. Are there similar props another manufacturer makes?

I have a yamaha 115 with a stainless prop and it vibrates at very low rpms (gear lash or something??). From what I understand, running an aluminum prop will solve the vibration issue. Hence my interest in the spitfire.
It's gear lash that you're hearing. There is nothing wrong with your motor. The motor will not make that noise with an aluminum prop. The "new" Spitfire is Mercury's version of the Solas Amita 4. It should be a great all around performing prop.......like the Amita 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see that Mercury has increased the diameter of the Spitfires (larger than the Solas Amita 4) from what I viewed initially. Larger diameter on a pontoon is GOOD! I may just have to try one to compare.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got a Mercury Spitfire pontoon prop will try it out this Spring. Ihave a 2002 207L

20 foot Mericury 60 Bigfoot 4 stroke efi with a 3 blade 14 - 9 pitch at wot 6000rpm

where it needs to be. the spitfire prop i got is 13.8 - 10 pitch. Mercury has a prop

selector to help you. (mercurymarine.com)

Back