Mold/mildew treatment?

Depends on what year boat and type of marine fabric/vinyl you have. Add year (and if you know it) fabric, and that can help lead to accurate responses. For instance, the newer Simtex fabric (began geting added onto models in 2016 & 2017) has more cleaning restrictions than older marine vinyl.

I use mckees 37. Works amazing here in Florida

Depends on what year boat and type of marine fabric/vinyl you have. Add year (and if you know it) fabric, and that can help lead to accurate responses. For instance, the newer Simtex fabric (began geting added onto models in 2016 & 2017) has more cleaning restrictions than older marine vinyl.
Its a 2020 22SX

Do all Benningtons built after 2017 have Simtex fabric, or is that an upgrade?

Do all Benningtons built after 2017 have Simtex fabric, or is that an upgrade?
My understanding is all Bennington fabric 2018 and newer is Simtex. 2016 it was the upgrade fabric on nicer model lines G and up. In 2017 (my boat’s year) it was the main fabric. You certainly got it on the S-Premium boats and up. However, I am not sure if the baseline S series models in 2017 still had the older traditional marine fabric or the newer Simtex by that point.

Here is the thread from Bennington when it was first introduced .( BennTexx / Simtex )

What do any of you suggest to keep mold from setting in during indoor winter layup. Issue I had with previous boats was mostly on the vertical surfaces that pressed against one and other when closed up.

My understanding is all Bennington fabric 2018 and newer is Simtex. 2016 it was the upgrade fabric on nicer model lines G and up. In 2017 (my boat’s year) it was the main fabric. You certainly got it on the S-Premium boats and up. However, I am not sure if the baseline S series models in 2017 still had the older traditional marine fabric or the newer Simtex by that point.

Here is the thread from Bennington when it was first introduced .( BennTexx / Simtex )
Thanks to both of you. Mine is a 2019, SX, so basic model. I assumed it was just standard vinyl so glad I asked.

What do any of you suggest to keep mold from setting in during indoor winter layup. Issue I had with previous boats was mostly on the vertical surfaces that pressed against one and other when closed up.
Dry out completely before covering. Run a fan, on a timer, or all winter if you wish. Airflow really helps.

Thanks, its in a large building at the marina. Fan would work if I had the boat at my place, but that’s not happening. I have dryer sheets and mothballs in all compartments for bug and mouse control. Was thinking of propping open
all my under seat compartments a bit so they have air space. Will have to see what happens come late April.

If you are concerned about dampness you can use Damp rid . I keep one under my helm in a plastic coffee can in season. Depending where you live the collected moisture could freeze . I keep it a coffee can in case it were to tip over.

Its not going to be shrink wrapped. Just mooring canvas it came with. Anydesiccant would become saturated pretty quick in that environment. its the contact surfaces between cushions that developed mold spots on my vhulls.

Interesting that you have that problem with indoor storage. Personally, I open everything up so most of my cushions aren’t touching each other. Maybe that would help in your particular situation.

Back