Mooring cover on new 24SSL

dlegault

Reaction score
Mooring cover on 24SSL lacks a fourth (supplied) post at stern causing water to accumulate where back lounger is situated. Using only the supplied stern straps does not remedy the problem. Virtually any sustained rain will cause this water accumulation, which I feel will cause harm to the cover (excessive weight). I managed to "manufacture" a shortened post and hooked into the stern vent clip and positioned it into the back lounger cup holder, works, but you would think someone at Bennington would have come up with a engineered and supplied solution. Checked with boat dealer and they didn't have any better solution ........ anyone out there with this problem and found better solution??

I have a 24SLi with only three poles. I got a 4th pole and placed it next to the lounge seat on the port side - almost right across from the console. I put a tennis ball on top as there is no vent at that spot in the cover. It works great - no water on the cover - ever. This is the 3rd season I've used this and the boat is in a slip - no wear on the cover at all. I also have the strap that goes over the bimini - it didn't correct the original problem and since I've added the 4th pole the strap hasn't been necessary.

Shawn

I have a 24SSL and it came with 4 poles. The fourth pole has to be put up at an angle due to the double wide lounger being directly below the mooring cover vent, but it works. I think you may have been shorted a pole...

But, that's a GREAT idea using a short pole into the cup holder! My 4th pole goes to the floor, but passes very close to that cup holder. The angle is so great, I always wonder if the pole will slip out. Locking the base of the pole in the cup holder is a really good idea.

I'm not sure how strong those cup holders are, so you may want to check that out or just be careful not to put too much pressure on it.

Mine is on the floor - but I put it down at an angle as well. I've also considered whether it will slide over but it never has. How many vents / pole holders do you have?

Shawn

Hi guys,

We added a fourth "offset" pole to this model quite a while ago...if you have an older boat, please contact your dealer and he/she can order the 4th pole at N/C for you. If it is a brand new boat and we have regressed, TB would like to know. Send us a personal message with your boat serial number if it ends in 13. Thanks!

Back