Mooring cover warranty

Kenter

Reaction score
this is on a 2017 Bennington 20SFNP, the cover has always pooled water in the bows left corner, this weekend the zipper started to rip out. Given its on yr 7 will bennington replace as part of the 10yr warranty? appreciate any insight .
thanks

Attachments

• zipper.jpg
    zipper.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 12
  • cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 12
I dont recall what year Bennington started the 10 year warranty ,2017 models or 2018 .
Are you the original owner ? If so did you register it ? If you are not the original owner was the warranty transferred ?
Either way the only was to find out is talk, to an Authorized Bennington Dealer .

Speak to your dealer.

So the 10 year bow to stern warranty began with the 2017 model year. You would get 5 or 7 years automatically as the original purchaser of the boat, and then you had to register online yourself to get the additional years - thus totaling 10 years. I think in 2018 (maybe 2019) they eliminated the extra step, and you simply got the full 10 year warranty at purchase as original owner.

As a 2017 owner ourselves, we obviously registered online at the time to get the additional years to bring it up to the full 10. Assuming you did the secondary registration online yourself after purchase for those additional years, reach out to your Bennington dealer. They can document the problem (required) and file a warranty claim with Bennington. Bennington then will notify your dealership after they’ve reviewed it if it is approved or not.

This is something I need to do myself. My cover started ripping out at some seams last year, and this year has problems in a few different places where its ripping apart. :( However, I have not gotten around to it due to my dislike of dealing with my dealership…:rolleyes:

You ,can try a different dealership in your area , but dealers take care of their own customers first .

Back