Mooring Cover

BennyBeaver

Reaction score
We’re looking for a stretchy, waterproof cover for our 2020 20S that doesn’t require straps. While moored to the dock we need an easy cover that will protect from sun and rain but not blow off with some wind.

Welcome to the forum BennyBeaver! Check with your local canvas shop to see if they can make you what you want. Or check out Amazon, West Marine, etc. to see what they have to offer.

I had a neighbor that had a easy stretchy cover that kept the sun and airborne debris out but it did not even pretend to be waterproof. The silky fabric would lay on the seats and both fabric and seats would quickly dry off after a rain. I thought it was practical solution. A typical mooring cover must shed the water without puddling. The requirement to be stretchy is in conflict with the requirement to be waterproof.

Did you not get a cover when you bought your boat? Our sv 20 came with a nice cover with clever snap-in fasteners.
I use it every day.

TT

Sounds like you are looking for a covering solution that is as quick and easy as covering a barbecue grill. I fully understand where you are coming from. For many years I have addressed the covering issue with various boat and cover modifications. Those modifications cut the time in half. I love to modify but for those that don’t I recommend the great video created by fellow member SEMPERFI8387.

https://club.benningtonmarine.com/t...ing-stowing-opening-and-covering-easily.7390/

Back