Motor raised and prop changed on the 350

Todd & Amanda

Reaction score
Got the boat in at the dealership today and we raised the motor up 2 holes and changed out the prop for a 16 pitch enertia. Unfortunately the wind was horrible today (25-30mph gusts) and due to all the rains last weekend the water wasn't safe to be really trying the boat out. We did manage to get some short runs in and there is a very noticeable difference. Last week on the setup we left the dealership with we had about 40 gallons of fuel on board and managed to see 51 mph once briefly on the speedo with only the wife and myself. Later we had 6 adults and the puppy plus some gear and saw 49 mph. Today in terrible conditions we had a completely full tank of fuel and hit 51-52 anytime I got to try it for a second, actually 52.2 mph. I think we will see 53-54 on good water with this setup. The 16p enertia did great, I don't think we lost any performance from takeoff or any acceleration and after raising the motor we're still turning 6300-6400 rpms. I would love to try a 17 pitch but the dealer didn't have one in stock. I'm going to run this setup until after the break in period is over and hopefully find a 17 pitch to demo. The weather is supposed to be good here Saturday and hopefully the water has a lot less floating objects by then so I can get some more numbers. 

IMG_1158_zpsva4iscup.jpg

IMG_1159_zpso82fdmru.jpg

That boat is beautiful. We just got in from Norris lake where we keep our boat. It's so high and there is trash everywhere! Hoping our lake will clear out by the weekend too. 

It's always great when the adjustments work. Congratulations that is fantastic performance.

That is cruising!!! I'm happy the changes worked out. Gets me thinking about raising my motor up one hole...

Good to hear it's working better. Seems like a 17 maybe even an 18 would do the trick!

Look up the Merc Eco Enertia.  Go with the 16P, it is a larger diameter prop, get you on top of the water quicker.

These 50 something MPH is getting me pumped up!! Especially since you can get a 350 on 23' now!! :)    I might be over the 250hp phase headed toward a 350hp!!

I'm glad your adjustments are working well, looking forward to seeing where you end up! 

I went on the boat builder and built one with a 300 G2 Evinrude and was at $90,000 before adding many extras. I stopped.  :)

I went on the boat builder and built one with a 300 G2 Evinrude and was at $90,000 before adding many extras. I stopped.  :)

But Carl.....You will get 20% to 30%  off  of MSRP..... :rolleyes:  I know the numbers are mind numbing.

Built my exact boat with a 350... 109k. I'm thinking I need to do this!!

Built my exact boat with a 350... 109k. I'm thinking I need to do this!!

Do it!

I'm thinking my 250 Pro is an "econo-box" now  ^_^

Back