mtudb24 - Question on gallery pic...

kaydano

Reaction score
What are those strake-looking things on the side of the motor pod?

I get water splashing back up on my extended deck at various speeds. I wonder if these would deflect the water enough to stop my problem...

For a second there, I was thinking I could clamp something like this onto my pod temporarily, just to see if it would work. Shortly after that, I had a vision of a vise-grip falling into my prop...

I wanna say maybe it's part of the rough water package but I really don't know?? Thought all transom pads had those water deflectors

Todd

I have a 2010 2250 and I do not have those "strakes" midway up the transom skirt. Maybe it's a tri-toon thing, or as suggested a rough water add on ?

II looked at a couple of other members boats with the twin elliptical toons thinking maybe it was tied to that package. Didn't see them there. My only guess then it's part of the rough water package that I purchased. I know the splash fins at the front of the tubs are braced and the rear corners are braced..... TB... Any thoughts???

Todd

What are those strake-looking things on the side of the motor pod?

I get water splashing back up on my extended deck at various speeds. I wonder if these would deflect the water enough to stop my problem...

For a second there, I was thinking I could clamp something like this onto my pod temporarily, just to see if it would work. Shortly after that, I had a vision of a vise-grip falling into my prop...
These additional fins are installed on the transom of the twin elliptical package to reduce spray. They are used on the twin 32" configuration only. TB

They are great additions. Being with family this weekend and my cousins brand X 27 footer, it was nasty on Saginaw bay. Again we all walked / rode away high and dry while he was plowing thru the chop.

Damn I love this boat. He has a tri toons with 200hp merc pro xs, and our 2275 with a 150hp merc pro xs rolls him in a straight line. I won't get into a turning content with him, but I like how the twin elips make for a dry and stable ride

Back