My grill setup.....

Very nice! Nothing beats freshly grilled food on the boat. Thanks for sharing…

What a GRAND idea! We too have the Q weber already. I'll just have to dig up the table, pedistal and mount. Thanks for the idea.
Scott

I had the Weber Q and Magma bait cleaning table
I bought the Magma deck mount and removeable post.
Everything goes under the rear seat when not in use.

Works well for us!
Do you have to purchase the grill and stand separate? Marine store or Amazon?
Also, does the grill come down when boat moving… help!?

Boat Cutting Board Bait Table Filet Board For Fish Cleaning Station White Fishing Fillet Table, In Single Rod Holder With Plier Storage and Knife Slot, Marine Accessories For Boats Grill​

Brand: Vantegas
4.4 4.4 out of 5 stars 157 ratings

Amazon'sChoicein Fishing Filet & Bait Knives by Vantegas

300+ bought in past month

$79.99 with 11 percent savings-11% $79.99

I have a Weber Q too. I built a platform out of oak that sits across the top of the ladder rungs (we have the shiny stainless steel ladder with rounded tops). The bottom of the platform is shaped/grooved to match the ladder rungs, with some rubber pads to keep it in place (by friction). Two 3-inch cotter pins under the rungs and through the platform keep it secured to the ladder. On top of that I screwed a large 3/4 inch thick pvc cutting board. I put four small door latches (I think they are called barrel latches) on the cutting board that latch into the legs of the Weber Q so it can quickly be secured to the platform. It's easy to store, but you do have to bend over to cook as it's low (sits on the top of the ladder). But, I didn't have to drill any holes in the boat, and I didn't have to install any floor mount to stub a toe on. I have pics that I'll try and post some time. I use the platform when grilling with it off the boat too, since the Q is top heavy when the lid is open (the wind could blow it over backwards) so latching it to the platform adds the right amount of weight. As was said above, ribeyes are 10x better on a boat!

Last edited:
20210612_095422.jpg20210612_095530.jpg20210612_095810.jpg20210612_095835.jpg

That’s a really slick set up Kaydano. Good to see you popping back in.

I have a Weber Q too. I built a platform out of oak that sits across the top of the ladder rungs (we have the shiny stainless steel ladder with rounded tops). The bottom of the platform is shaped/grooved to match the ladder rungs, with some rubber pads to keep it in place (by friction). Two 3-inch cotter pins under the rungs and through the platform keep it secured to the ladder. On top of that I screwed a large 3/4 inch thick pvc cutting board. I put four small door latches (I think they are called barrel latches) on the cutting board that latch into the legs of the Weber Q so it can quickly be secured to the platform. It's easy to store, but you do have to bend over to cook as it's low (sits on the top of the ladder). But, I didn't have to drill any holes in the boat, and I didn't have to install any floor mount to stub a toe on. I have pics that I'll try and post some time. I use the platform when grilling with it off the boat too, since the Q is top heavy when the lid is open (the wind could blow it over backwards) so latching it to the platform adds the right amount of weight. As was said above, ribeyes are 10x better on a boat!
Thank you, appreciate the info. Please post pix when you get a chance.

Back