Need more Photo's and Stories Please :-)

mtudb24

Reaction score
You guys are not posting enough stories and photos.  The Benny is still in the barn due to winter ice destroying my dock and seawall.  You all know the story, we'll start May 4th.  Then May 11th, 18th, and so on and so on.... Rumor has it they are going to start this Friday and of course I'll be out of town on business from tomorrow til next Monday.........

Help me live my life through your eyes people.  Get posting  :)   :)   :) :)  :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   

Boatless in Michigan...

Todd

Todd.......

Don't know what to say other than the weather has been warm and just gorgeous here! If it makes you feel any better the water is still kind of chilly and have only been in the water twice out of the 7 or 8 times we've been out. (One of those times was to get in and clean the waterline and outdrive with a sponge/scotchbrite pad). We've never kept the boat in the water before so watching my pontoons and outdrive having stuff stick to it is new to us. But we're staying on it by cleaning it when we get the chance.....

Love keeping the boat in a slip across the street from our house.......we love taking our dinner onboard and just finding a calm cove anchor, and hang out for a few hours.....until dark......

Was going to post a few pics but they are on my wife's IPAD......

Thanks Big K.  Get those photos off the IPAD so I can see them.  I clean my tubes and outboard everytime I go out and park at the sand bar.  Big difference between my clean tubes and my cousin who only goes after his once a month or so..  Its a pain, but it gets me away from the crowd and gives me some time to "inspect" my Benny for anything that has changed over the years.  I swear I can notice every little bump, bubble, or god forbid a scratch, that wasn't there last time I cleaned it.

Yes, I admit.  I'm ADD and I'm proud of it.  HAHAHAHAHHAA

How do you guys maintain your pontoons during the season?

May has been a difficult month for many reasons

Have only been on the water twice all month 

I am hoping June is better 

Here is a quick story 

My original dealer who sold and delivered the boat to me 

Still does not have my address right after a year 

Even though I had to correct him, all the states paper work, banks paper work and registration !

I just got mail from him regarding future visits to his well stocked showroom and of course it had the wrong address 

LOL 

109270387.jpg

Weather has been lousy in Northern Michigan . Boat has been in almost 3 weeks only been out 3 times  :angry:

If it makes you feel any better the water is still kind of chilly and have only been in the water twice out of the 7 or 8 times we've been out.
Spend some time down by us. Water was 79* on the south end Saturday.

Thanks Big K. Get those photos off the IPAD so I can see them. I clean my tubes and outboard everytime I go out and park at the sand bar. Big difference between my clean tubes and my cousin who only goes after his once a month or so.. Its a pain, but it gets me away from the crowd and gives me some time to "inspect" my Benny for anything that has changed over the years. I swear I can notice every little bump, bubble, or god forbid a scratch, that wasn't there last time I cleaned it.

Yes, I admit. I'm ADD and I'm proud of it. HAHAHAHAHHAA
I can attest to the ADD! You should see the used prop Todd sent me. Looked brand spankin new. Good to hear from you Todd. Sorry boating hasn't been going for you. Nick will post some antidote for you soon. Only been out once myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was that you guys waving at us Saturday by the Penninsula Yacht Club?

That was us. Boat looked like yours but wasn't 100%.

You guys are not posting enough stories and photos.  The Benny is still in the barn due to winter ice destroying my dock and seawall.  You all know the story, we'll start May 4th.  Then May 11th, 18th, and so on and so on.... Rumor has it they are going to start this Friday and of course I'll be out of town on business from tomorrow til next Monday.........

Help me live my life through your eyes people.  Get posting  :)   :)   :) :)  :)   :)   :)   :)   :)   

Boatless in Michigan...

Todd
I understand not getting boat in. I had to have a Seawall put in due to high lake levels washing at my "boathouse" garage at the water and under the deck. Took them a while but they just finished last Friday. VERY pleased with the results. Some pictures in my gallery. Of course the dock couldn't get put in yet so I put the toon in Saturday and my neighbor let me park it at his dock. Been raining ever since so we haven't been out on it yet.

We seem to be constantly waiting for the boat from the dealer. 

First they had the motor in stock, then they didn't and now they do -- then they said they had to order the full camper top (because I guess it was not  something to check for when we paid for it)

Now I'm waiting on my humminbird helix 5 GPS......One thing after another. 

We'll have to find that sandbar. Had friends hang out down there last Saturday but we were busy with other friends from Virginia that were here for the races......

Yes we've been told all about the sandbar......

Couldn't spot you. Granted I am at work and didn't make the photos larger!!!!

When Link looks at this photo he says "FAIL"

150523_Sat_LKNfun.com_12712_52.jpg

In other news we've been getting the boat out here and there. Had some friends over Sunday and caught a couple fish. Had some other friends over last night and turned so hard they ended up on the floor!!! I did tell them to hold on! I'll see if I can track down some photos for you Todd.

Lakeliving that pix belongs under the topic "is this boat overloaded" as that guy is sitting WAY to low in the water.  That is the difference between being "loaded" and "overloaded" and I assure you I was loaded

All

I have returned early from work. Builds went well.. I was out at the Tesla plant in Freemont California building model S prototypes.  Got to drive a model S AWD (dual motor).  HOLY BALLZ.  I've never been in such a fast car.  It threw me back in seat so fast, my stomach wanted to turn inside out.

Drove a Model S P85D.  690hp over 800ft/lbs of torque.  All without nary a squeak of wheel or slip or a hint of exhaust noise (HAHAHAHA).  0-60 in just over 3 seconds..

AND (wait for it).....  My uncle called me and the Seawall was started Friday morning.  Should be done by next week.. WOOT WOOT.

Thank you all for the comments and posts.  I'm glad most of you are getting out and sorry to hear some of you are in the same boat as me and not getting out or the weather is lousy which is limiting your boating activities....

Todd

Tesla P85D...darn near a super-car without the super-car price. Not a cheap date...but wow! Bang for the buck is second to none. Good for you! Compared to any other car, (tow vehicles excluded) Electric cars are the way to go if you are good at math.

JeffS

You're so right. I'll upload some pics.  Got to meet Elon.  Very strange dude.  Wants do things his way.  Very different then running a UAW assembly plant.  For example, all cereal, snack food (like Gardedo's, chex mix etc) are all in free flow hampers for all employees to eat free).  Fountain pops at each cafeteria are free for any employee.  Milk, juice, water, are all free.  Pool tables in cafeterias are free for employees to play during breaks.  30+ microwaves are available  along with coolers and lockers for employee lunches and bags / change of clothes are provided.  Ben and Jerry's ice cream trucks show up on Thursdays.  Beer trucks at 5:05pm on Friday are available for employees after work on Fridays.  You cannot call a line worker anything but a associate.  They have equal say as much as a engineer, etc.

Top of line price for a model S with P85D (P = performance.  D = dual motor (awd).  85 = 85KW battery along with auto pilot, pan roof, air suspension can run 130K.

Eon has a sense of humor / eccentric person. The battery is 2,000lbs located from front wheel well to rear well and from right rocker panel to lh rocker panel on the bottom of the body panel. You cannot physically roll over a tesla.  2000lbs between the wheel 8" off the ground.  Its amazing.

I wont even go into the model X which is a SUV with gull wing rear doors.  So crazy.  Give me a couple days to upload pics from the plant.  It will get a 100KW battery and still have a 0-60 time in the 3 second range.  Crazy!!!!!

So far, they are at approx. 280 mile range.

Todd

Back