Need new Cover

Frisco Frank

Reaction score
I need a new cover and bimini sleeve for a 2011 2275fsi. Does Bennington sell those or do I need to take it to a local canvas shop. I live about 25 miles north of Dallas. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

A local shop that does tarps/awnings/canvas etc. will be your best bet for the cover. The bimini boot is generic, and could be ordered online. I'm in north Texas too. I used a company called ACF tarp and awning, but they are a long way from you (Fort Worth).

Plus 1 for a local canvas shop

Yes but they couldn't get it done until fall. This was May. I didn't want to wait until next year to be able to use it. I didn't have a boot and is a pain trailering without it. Almost half the price and received it in 2 weeks from the dealer.

Tumacs is the company who makes the Bennington Bimini tops and sleeves. I had to order a new one for my 2006 2275RL and they were super easy to work with, though not cheap. I think I paid around $900 all in with delivery and it was delivered within 2-4 weeks if I remember correctly. Not sure if they also make the covers, but worth asking

Yes, Tumac's makes your mooring cover. However it comes with snaps not installed. You need to put them on the new cover..
My quote was $1220 for a 2011 2275 RCW. 8-10 weeks lead time. See email below from Debbie
Todd,

New Cover in Surlast material (what Bennington uses now) $1,220 plus shipping
Color: Burgundy
We are running approximately 8 - 10 weeks from the time you place your order.

**Note: We do not install the snaps on our replacement covers (if your original cover came with snaps). We do supply them to you so that either you or your local dealer can install them. A basic snap tool can be purchased at a home improvement store such as Lowe’s or Home Depot

If this information is correct and you would like to order reply back to this email with your color choice and shipping address then call me with your credit card information.

Thank You,
Debbie

Tumacs Covers

50 Terence Drive

Pittsburgh, PA 15236

412-653-1188 x242

tumacscovers.com

Just have one locally made!!! Tumacs/Surlast fabric or Sunbrella. I've had both!!!

The boot is not generic. I tried 3 different ones. Your local canvas shop is best bet, but if you want the Logo on it…talk to Debbie at Tumacs. Plus she’s a delight to talk to.

The boot is not generic. I tried 3 different ones. Your local canvas shop is best bet, but if you want the Logo on it…talk to Debbie at Tumacs. Plus she’s a delight to talk to.
FYI...Im waiting for my 3rd Bimini boot from Bennington. The first 2 have failed at the zipper where the "non zipper" side of the zipper track is prone to having loose threads, which get caught in the zipper, not allowing you to "anchor" the zipper on and allowing it to zip. Told me 8 weeks on a Bimini boot, so I wait.

Mind was dry rot after 10 years plus the birds always trying to use it. It’s worth the wait.

Attachments

• 55C997DD-6402-4D8F-8F9F-D338EB5F0511.jpeg
    55C997DD-6402-4D8F-8F9F-D338EB5F0511.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 11
I’ve been waiting 8 weeks so far (with no “delivery date” updates) for our bimini boot replacement. Our was damaged by our dealer in the off season, but so far, no replacement yet…

It took me about 12 weeks to get the boot, that wasn’t on my boat as it come off truck. Looks like it blew off or was needed by my northern friends.

We just got our boat this year, but I'm seriously considering buying an extra cover and bimini cover from Bennington now so that in 6-7 years when it starts looking faded and not working as well I can just switch it out. I hate to put any more money into at the moment (especially after just buying the trailer, too), but with our last boat it was tough to find a local person to make one and to get an exact color and fit was also challenging.

Back