Need some GCW pics

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
Can anyone with a GCW post up a bunch of pics showing storage in the rear loungers, battery set up, fuel tank, changing room (opened and closed) and does changing room snap to framework below?, washdown, etc .....

I'm trying to get an idea of layouts/space availability for existing/future use and upgrades. 

Ive searched the net for weeks and have found almost nothing with the above areas, especially fairly close up.

Thanks!!!!

Sorry, no pictures of what you're looking for but I can try to describe it to you. I have the full rear loungers. The port side contains the dual batteries and electrical panel. There is little to no other usable space under there.

The starboard side lifts up to reveal the changing room and freshwater storage tank and pump. The last quarter of the area toward the stern is available storage, which is where we keep the anchor and a couple of smaller bumpers. 

We never use the changing station so I considered removing it in order to gain quite a bit of storage, but it is not possible. So, unless you absolutely have to have it, I'd leave it off your build and gain the storage space. Frankly, I'm not sure a porta-potty would even fit in there. 

The washdown hose is actually in a tube at the front of the lounger and is accessible via the aisle. Very nice feature but the sprayer-head they provide leaks, so you'll have to go to the hardware and buy one that completely shuts off.    

Questions? 

With regard to the fuel tank, mine is located in the center tube so it does not take up any room topside. 

Our "R" setup is similar to Michiman's, except we did delete the changing room in the starboard lounger. The ski pylon has a snap in holder on the floor and they left the 2 slide brackets for the changing room up on the lounger underside. Otherwise there is a ton of storage available once the changing room is gone. We use a portable washdown, so none is installed. The port side lounger is full of electrical panel, fuel filler hose, and 2 big batteries, so nothing available there.

Removing the changing room is a no go. That would be a deal killer for my wife. Looks like we will have to really pay attention to what we take or keep on the new toon.  I guess thinking back we didn't really have a lot on our RLi model, we just really spread it out amongst all the seats. 

Our "R" setup is similar to Michiman's, except we did delete the changing room in the starboard lounger. The ski pylon has a snap in holder on the floor and they left the 2 slide brackets for the changing room up on the lounger underside. Otherwise there is a ton of storage available once the changing room is gone. We use a portable washdown, so none is installed. The port side lounger is full of electrical panel, fuel filler hose, and 2 big batteries, so nothing available there.

Yup, right on. Nice pick-up on the ski pylon; forgot about that!. Wish we had the extra storage instead of the changing room. Our's will never get used. :(

Our changing room gets used on every outing. It's my wife's and guests' port-a-potty room. 

If after a year it does not get used. Remove it. ;)

Our changing room is also in a bag in the garage. We never will use it either. I guess the next owner will have a brand new changing room on the boat.

My wife still uses our changing room even though we keep our boat on the lake. She likes to change out of that wet bathing suit for the ride home or to a different location......

So if I'm only getting a 20hp motor with standard toons, where's the tank? In the lounger seat back area? 

I thought the gas tank was in the starboard side cup holder of the rear lounger for a 20hp GCW?

If after a year it does not get used. Remove it. ;)

I'd love to! Unfortunately, as far as I can see, it is integral to the design of the lounger. I looked at it earlier this past summer, figuring I would just remove it with a screwdriver or socket wrench in a few minutes. Upon closer inspection, it seemed to me that it was going to stay where it was. Seems like it was a part of the hinge, or something. Then again, perhaps I had been drinking... lol

I'd love to! Unfortunately, as far as I can see, it is integral to the design of the lounger. I looked at it earlier this past summer, figuring I would just remove it with a screwdriver or socket wrench in a few minutes. Upon closer inspection, it seemed to me that it was going to stay where it was. Seems like it was a part of the hinge, or something. Then again, perhaps I had been drinking... lol

Plasma cutter. :) Actually worst case you could buy the hinge from your dealer that does not have it installed.

Think with a 20HP there is no gas tank, you just fill up the carburetor before you start it

I thought the gas tank was in the starboard side cup holder of the rear lounger for a 20hp GCW?

That's just wrong ....... funny, but wrong.  :eek:

Plasma cutter. :) Actually worst case you could buy the hinge from your dealer that does not have it installed.

Hmm, never thought about replacing the hinge. It certainly would be worth getting the storage space back.

Hmm, never thought about replacing the hinge. It certainly would be worth getting the storage space back.

I had them delete when we ordered and there are still brackets on the underside of the lounger for it. Seems like somehow they separated it without too much fuss. Unfortunately it's in storage at the marina now so I can't shoot a pic.

I had them delete when we ordered and there are still brackets on the underside of the lounger for it. Seems like somehow they separated it without too much fuss. Unfortunately it's in storage at the marina now so I can't shoot a pic.

So is ours and I'm missing it already. Next Spring I'll take a better look at the situation. Thanks for the suggestions!

In our family:

"0" changing room/porta-potty = "0" boat.

Some concessions are just unavoidable.

Back