Need specs for original propeller - 2005 227FS w/ mercury 115

Madcitylunartic

Reaction score
Hi... I need to replace my prop and trying to figure out the pitch of the original prop to decide if I should raise or lower the pitch for the new prop.

Motor is a 2004 Mercury 115HP model 115ELPT4S. The original prop has no markings on it. I've searched on the serial number for the motor. Likewise all the documentation I can find on the 227FS. No Joy... Any ideas?

Alternatively, the Mercury prop calculator for this configuration recommends the SpitFire 4-blade 13.8" dia x 13 pitch or the Vengeance 3-blade 13.3" dia x 14 pitch. My goal is the fastest WOT top speed. Any opinions?

Attachments

• 20220327_172846.jpg
    20220327_172846.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 6
The dealership props the boat. There is no specific prop that the boat OR motor manufacturer puts with the package.

That’s why you cannot find anything specific via research.

Different dealers approach it differently. Some try to dial you in. Some try to off-load the cheapest prop they can from their shelves to increase their margin on the sale. Some put on whatever you request at purchase. Some put thought and care into it and try to provide a “balanced” performance prop. Some just pick from a range of a few that they have in stock when your boat and motor arrive…etc…etc…etc…

Back