New 10 FT Wide Models

gnc1017

Reaction score
Not sure if they've been there a while or just showed up but I noticed the new 10' beam boats (28 and 30 footers, single and twin engines) are now shown on the R Series boat builder page.

On the twins, looks like only Yamaha outboards for now and surprised to not see the Helm Master option but I'm sure other engines and the joystick option will come shortly. Hard to tell from the drawings but almost looks like jack plates on the twins?

For those who can have it all, I suppose... For the rest of us, happy dreaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the floor plans they just look wider, no other special layouts unless I missed something. I was hoping for something revolutionary other than a bigger gap between the seats. I'm sure they will begin to develop this layout as time goes by.  

You're right Jack. I missed that. Looks like no Hondas, Evinrudes, or Suzukis on the twins, for now. Thanks for the correction.

I was thinking the same thing. Primarily just longer and wider but I'm sure other layouts will come (especially in the bar boat category?). I think the prototype had a center console but I think I would prefer the helm on the side. Not that my opinion matters, already way out of my price range!

Looking at the floor plans they just look wider, no other special layouts unless I missed something. I was hoping for something revolutionary other than a bigger gap between the seats. I'm sure they will begin to develop this layout as time goes by.

Odd that spec sheet  says max hp 600 yet twin 350's are offered 

"Boat Builder" climbs right away towards $150k with twin 300's. Interesting options with the "stowable sun lounge" in the bow.

They did the first year of the 2375 the same way in 2013, just one floor plan introduced before committing a whole bunch to that length. I'm sure their will be some creative variations to come.

WOW, I don't look at the boat builder as I never put myself in a position where I may become infected, this is the first I even heard of the 10" wide.  What a difference that would make in roominess!  Just priced one out, thank God my exact setup wish is not yet available 

Dock rental and trailers ,don't forget those .

My boat sits in the lake and is only on a trailer back and forth about 1 mile to storage for winter.  Not that I am buying a new boat however what type of permit is needed for 10" width? 

No doubt, there are a ton of extra costs associated with a 10' wide model, even beyond the initial purchase price. I've been thinking Bennington should maybe consider a 'hybrid' / expandable version. Granted, it would add even more to the boat cost but would significantly reduce all the extras and solve a ton of issues the 10' beam has at the dock, on the trailer, and in the shed/garage. That could open it up to a larger audience.

I'm thinking something like the Island Boats expandable pontoon but instead of widening the logs, the lower structure matches the standard 8' 6" beam dimensions and is stationary (for strength, trailer-ability, etc.). Maybe even ellipticals on the sides and an even wider elliptical in the center to provide the extra buoyancy and improve handling? I'd be real curious how this would handle but have to believe if anyone can pull it off, it's the quality and design of a Bennington ESP. Likely wouldn't be that hard for them to build a non-expendable prototype to test stability...

Floor would likely need to be stepped in the middle and of course, gates and bimini would need to be worked out but there's got to be a way. Can't help but think that someone once thought slide-outs in an RV were crazy and given Bennington is located in the RV capitol of the universe, I wonder if this is doable.

Assuming there's a market for these big, pricey pontoons but looks like they've already entered that chapter...  Just trying to think outside the box - or maybe I'm just nuts ;)

I think it was Premier that had a 10 footer at the boat show here a few weeks ago. Only a foot and a half wider, but it felt like it was a LOT wider than that.

I walked up the steps and looked in and immediately felt like something was not right. Took a minute to figure out it was a 10 foot beam. I never got a chance to talk with the sales guy, to crowded. But after the initial surprise wore off, it seemed like a waste. Didn't seem to be any extra seats because of it, just more room to walk around I guess. Never thought of that as a problem on our boat.

I think it was Premier that had a 10 footer at the boat show here a few weeks ago. Only a foot and a half wider, but it felt like it was a LOT wider than that.

I walked up the steps and looked in and immediately felt like something was not right. Took a minute to figure out it was a 10 foot beam. I never got a chance to talk with the sales guy, to crowded. But after the initial surprise wore off, it seemed like a waste. Didn't seem to be any extra seats because of it, just more room to walk around I guess. Never thought of that as a problem on our boat.
Kaydano, we do a lot of sunset/night cruises packed with neighbors. Think Dance Floor

Anybody happen to catch the capacity ratings in the specs sections, especially on the singles? Now that's a party! I'd hate to keep track of that many people...

Think PADS...

It would be great for that. Tons of floor space.

I doubt the capacity plate will go from 12 to 30. And with no extra seating are your guests going to just stand while you're underway Link? I'm picturing everyone with their arms wide at the bow pretending they are on the titanic while you man the helm and roll your eyes.

I see now that it is 21 on the single. Again. I wouldn't want to be the one standing up while the boat is underway. Just sayin.

overloaded%20bus_zps9rpa43qz.jpg

Lakeliving, when we do night cruises I am generally doing 4 - 6 mph. All LED lights are on and I had some additional LED's added. They are not standing, they are dancing. I guess the trick is to keep your balance you keep your feet moving ;)

Back