New Bennington Owner w/ some questions - 2275 RCW

Indy597

Reaction score
Picked up a 2011 2275 RCW this week w/ the 140 Suzuki....quite a nice upgrade from my 2008 Avalon LS base model.

Just like any good new boat owner I've started looking at ways to spend more money on upgrades and various add-ons for the boat before I even use it. The wife is not crazy about the chain across the opening in the back and prefers the stainless gate that we see on the 2012 models - is this able to be added on or have they changed the dimensions of the rear opening? If I can get that in I may just remove the mid-cabin gate near the helm as it seems like that will be in the way more than anything.

I cant find any posts about adding the blue ice LED cup holders? it may be a pain routing wires but has anyone here attempted that?

Ordered the Garmin 431s to replace the Garmin 95 on there now - seems like an easy enough swap based on info I got on the forum here (been reading like crazy)

Now all I need is some nice weather up here in Maine so I can take her out!

-John

John,

I can't respond to your inquiry about the stern gate but can tell you that you are in for a knuckle buster wiring the cup holders.

These guys have some nice quality lights and a few members have experience with their battery powered options as well.

http://www.nautiqueparts.com/ledcupholders.aspx

John,

I have a 2010 2275 SFI. I have added these lighted blue drink holders. It was not that much trouble to install these lights. And no, I never did bust a knuckle.

I have 6 drink holders in my boat. 2 up front in the live wells, 2 on the console, 1 in the bend of the couch, and 1 in the rear live well. The only 2 that gave me any problem was the one in the rear live well (snaking the wiring loom out from under the underskining) and the one in the bend of the couch (awkward to get wire neatly down the inside back of the couch).

NOTE: My boat was not under skinned when I installed these lighted drink holders. I under skinned the boat after the holder installation. I am not sure I would have done the drink holder project if I had to remove the under skin material.

My advice on installing, when you have to drill thru the carpet and deck, use a sharp wood paddle bit. Spin the bit in reverse until you cut thru the carpet. This prevents pulling a runner in the carpet, then switch to forward on drill to go thru deck. All my wiring is in 3/8" split loom. I bring all the wiring back under the console and attach to a terminal block. The 6 lighted drink holders are on a switch protected by a circuit breaker. 5 amps was the smallest circuit breaker I could find and it is still way too large for the small amps the LED's pull.

I found my LED drink holders on EBay and if I remember correctly I paid $15.00 each. I emailed the seller and made my offer and he took it. Below is one of his postings on eBay. They arrived within a week and were exactly as pictured. Mine have a drain attachment. Keep in mind you can only hook them up one way. If you reverse the polarity the LED won't work. I thought I had gotten several bad holders till my brother-n-law said try reversing the wires. After reversing the wires they all worked perfectly. I am in no way connected with this seller. I was happy with his product and shipping. This listing is for red LED's but he has various colors. Just specify what color you want, all the same price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boat-Lighted-Cup-Holders-/260955076587?_trksid=m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7976324783375897464

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing gapd

Picked up a 2011 2275 RCW this week w/ the 140 Suzuki....quite a nice upgrade from my 2008 Avalon LS base model.

Just like any good new boat owner I've started looking at ways to spend more money on upgrades and various add-ons for the boat before I even use it. The wife is not crazy about the chain across the opening in the back and prefers the stainless gate that we see on the 2012 models - is this able to be added on or have they changed the dimensions of the rear opening? If I can get that in I may just remove the mid-cabin gate near the helm as it seems like that will be in the way more than anything.

I cant find any posts about adding the blue ice LED cup holders? it may be a pain routing wires but has anyone here attempted that?

Ordered the Garmin 431s to replace the Garmin 95 on there now - seems like an easy enough swap based on info I got on the forum here (been reading like crazy)

Now all I need is some nice weather up here in Maine so I can take her out!

-John
Hello John. I have been looking. but cannot find the post that deals with that back ss rear gate. If I remember correctly it is not retrofittable to your boat. I will let you know if I come across it again, but I think it was a TB reply, but I can't find it in their history either. Gerry

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, the stainless stern gate cannot be retro-fit. The dimensions of the stainless stern rails change to accomodate the gate. :( TB

The wife is not crazy about the chain across the opening in the back and prefers the stainless gate that we see on the 2012 models -

-John
John,

Funny about opinions, I actually like the chain. I wish I had that on my G series.

Best of luck,

Steve

We ordered the gate too, my female Ridgeback might see a fly and in the heat of the moment run right off the back if the boat while in motion!!

Also ordered the gate. Dealer says that the rails need changed also. Around 600 total.

Cup holders need wired to switch, did suggest the battery powered option.

Cup holders need wired to switch, did suggest the battery powered option.
Wiring beneath the under skinning is a real pain. I see why your dealer recommended the battery option. Check with Geewest in a couple of weeks. He should have some good pointers on lighting after he does his.

Back