New boat lift shortages?

all8up

Reaction score
I ordered a new Hi-Tides boat lift through one of our local installation companies back around May 1st.
I put half down and still have no boat lift.
My installer is telling me that Hi-Tides is waiting for one part to come in for all of their lifts.
I am assuming that these parts in not coming in due to the pandemic but that is just a guess.

Has anyone else heard of parts shortages for new Hi-Tides boat lifts?

Haven’t heard of it but not surprised. I have a hi tide and have had no complaints. Where do you boat?

Thanks for the response.
Right now, without a lift, I boat in my yard.
We are on a river near Crisfield MD. On the Chesapeake bay.
Bought a 2004 2275FS with a 2004 Yamaha 90 4-stroke. From the original owner.
Put it in the water for the first time last March. Then the state of Maryland closed down the Chesapeake Bay for a while.

I know around here there are huge shortages of any kind of boat, pontoon or PWC lifts. I was so happy to find a new PWC lift for our new Sea Doo as I really didn’t think I’d find new. Most places I called said they were backed up anywhere from 6-8 weeks, to 3+ months…which in Michigan was pushing right into fall and when one would have to take their boat out of the water until spring.

Haven’t heard of it but not surprised. I have a hi tide and have had no complaints. Where do you boat?
I know there are delays. I ordered a Max Lift in early March for delivery in May and it showed up finally on July 1st. They said that it was due to COVID. They couldn't get welders and parts.

Back