New Boat. Way too confused.

Neenezzzz

Reaction score
We just received our Bennington SSX.
I have a few questions.
I got a mildew spot on a seat. What can I use to clean it.

Do we have to register the boat with Bennington for warranty?
Do we have to register the motors separately with Mercury?
Do we have to take it to a dealer for a 20-30 hour check?
What products can be used to clean the deck?
How do we keep the deck box from becoming soaking wet. Does it have a plug?
IMG_1739.jpeg

The Dealer should have helped you with your Issues. Is there a dealer close to you? You can Register your Bennington on the Website. Mercury motors I don't know how they work warranty. 20-30 hour check I didn't do that just have it looked over when you winterize it. Any mild soap to clean the Deck. What is a deck box? What is your picture of ? Mildew on seat also mild soap.

Dealer ghosted us. Haven’t heard from them, sent 2-3 emails.
The in floor storage compartment. “Deck box”
The picture is mildew on the seat. Tried dawn and water. Can’t get it out.

So you have a Tritoon with center storage? There should be a Bilge pump switch on your dash. Get the boat out and let the Sun hit that spot it might help you out. Become friends with a Dealer close to you sounds like you will need them. Where are you located? Maybe a member knows a good dealer near you .

I called Mercury last year because I didn't see anything in the owners manual regarding 20 hr service. They told me it's no longer necessary. If you can't find the phone number with the search box in the upper right ,I'll post it tomorrow. You should get something in the mail from Mercury regarding your warranty .

Your purchase dealer should have registered your boat with Bennington, and motor with Mercury, for warranty purposes. They should have done a detailed look over the boat, and all its system. Based on your post, it seems like there are some major gaps in your purchase experience/situation.

I would find the nearest Bennington dealership, and certified Mercury mechanic, near you. You really need to know these things in advance of any potential future issues. Also, you should check through both of the above once you connect with them to see if your boat and motor were registered for warranty. If not, have them do it.

Sorry the start of boat ownership is starting out with such big and unanswered questions. Hopefully you can track down answers soon.

Last edited:
For warranty purposes, Mercury service is now required at 100 hrs. But many dealers recommend it be done at 20 hours the first time, which is not a bad idea. That's what we did. Center storage will definitely get condensation inside. Try to keep wet stuff out of there outside of on a very temporary basis. The key is to keep the temperature in there equal to the outside temp. That being said, we always leave ours open when not out motoring around and have never had an issue with center toon storage condensation.

Last edited:
I use a solar fan to push air out of center tube storage. So far works great, however just starting rainy~hurricane season in Sarasota area so time will tell.

Back