New Champagne color & Black streaking

MrFreeze

Reaction score
I was planning to go with a dark color like Black or Smokey Granite on the new pontoon that I am buying but I saw the new Champagne and really like it! Just wondering if anyone is considering this color. I currently have a beige exterior on my boat and it really show the black streaking. I am worried that Champagne will also. The salesman says that it won't because Bennington puts a lip on the playpen cover that keeps water away from the sides. <_<

What do you think?

There was a thread on here a few months ago regarding streaking on some light color fencing. They were still faced with the problem you are referencing.

There was a thread on here a few months ago regarding streaking on some light color fencing. They were still faced with the problem you are referencing.
I did a search before I started this topic and could not find anything. I was surprised because the black streaking is such a problem.

Our cover has a large rope stitched into the edge. This helps the rain drip away from the fence.

I was planning to go with a dark color like Black or Smokey Granite on the new pontoon that I am buying but I saw the new Champagne and really like it! Just wondering if anyone is considering this color. I currently have a beige exterior on my boat and it really show the black streaking. I am worried that Champagne will also. The salesman says that it won't because Bennington puts a lip on the playpen cover that keeps water away from the sides. <_<

What do you think?
Hi Mr. Freeze,

Bennington now installs a "lip" around playpen covers so that water is directed away from side panels. You will also notice that R and G models are now designed with fencing "inside" the rail assembly, rather than "outside" the assembly as done in years past. These two elements, together with proper waxing and monthly cleaning of the side panels (similar to you car!) will minimize or prevent black steaking from acid rain. Go for it and get the Champagne!! :) TB

Hi Mr. Freeze,

Bennington now installs a "lip" around playpen covers so that water is directed away from side panels. You will also notice that R and G models are now designed with fencing "inside" the rail assembly, rather than "outside" the assembly as done in years past. These two elements, together with proper waxing and monthly cleaning of the side panels (similar to you car!) will minimize or prevent black steaking from acid rain. Go for it and get the Champagne!! :) TB
Thank you TB, I just may do that. That was my big concern with Champagne. I was wondering if it was acid rain causing the streaking. I have heard different theory's on it. That one makes the most sense to me. B)

I have the merlot (last year's champagne) or very close to it and have no streaking issues on the fencing.

Good luck with your choice

Todd

Back