New Member...22 SLX on Order!!

BUDZ83

Reaction score
Hello all...I have been following this forum and getting some info before I ordered my NEW Bennie last week!! This is my first boat and after countless hours of research and driving to different boat dealer, in my opinion the Bennington was the best hands down! Should have it right in time for summer....

2012 22SLX with 90hp Mercury 4-stroke

I have a questions already....where do you all get your registration numbers made? I did not spend this much on a NICE boat to go to the local hardware store for stick on lettering, I want it to look nice and choose my color letters/numbers! Provide any pics if you have them. I ordered a Regatta Blue panel and was thinking about gray letter??

Keith

Hello all...I have been following this forum and getting some info before I ordered my NEW Bennie last week!! This is my first boat and after countless hours of research and driving to different boat dealer, in my opinion the Bennington was the best hands down! Should have it right in time for summer....

I have a questions already....where do you all get your registration numbers made? I did not spend this much on a NICE boat to go to the local hardware store for stick on lettering, I want it to look nice and choose my color letters/numbers! Provide any pics if you have them. I ordered a Regatta Blue panel and was thinking about gray letter??

Keith
You can buy them at any marine supply store. Keep in mind that there are laws on size, color, style and spacing. In my state it is 3" block letters in a color that contrasts you boat color. Spacing is critical also. If you happen to run into a jerk for a law enforcement officer they can ticket you for any of the above.

Keith
Hi Keith. Welcome ! I have a local sign guy that letters my trucks for my business to do my new boat. He will do a shadowed gray-silver-white when I get my Reg.#s. But for my first boat I ordered a set from Overtons. They have available a set that comes in pairs just for your state & #s. They come perfectly spaced in one decal. You can choose from a variety of colors and fonts. Good Luck !

Last edited by a moderator:
My in-laws own a promotion/embroidery company and they have a vinyl cutter, so I made my own. You do have to get your sizing right. There was no specification on spacing, just 3" tall in a easily legible font of contrasting color.

Derrick

I recommend a contrasting color so it can be easily seen by the man. The regatta blue panels beg for letters that are the same color of your interior vinyl.

West marine or overtons can custom order or they have some good colors in stock. I have a 2011 in merlot and tan and got some nice beige/tan letters from them and they look great.

Congrats on your new purchase. Hope you enjoy many years of happiness.

Todd

My in-laws own a promotion/embroidery company and they have a vinyl cutter, so I made my own. You do have to get your sizing right. There was no specification on spacing, just 3" tall in a easily legible font of contrasting color.

Derrick
In Michigan there is a specification on spacing. Our # starts with MC then we need a 2" space or dash then 4 #'s and a 2" space or dash then 2 letters then a 3" space and then the registration decal.

Typically you do not get ticked for spacing violations but if the officer woke up on the wrong side of the bed or doesn't like you attitude they can and will ticket you. Might as well do it right the first time.

BUDZ83, most any sign company will have the machine to custom make your numbers. They will give you a choice of fonts and colors. Mine ran $32. Steve

Budz, great how many replies you received. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of the search options onn the forum as it is a great way to find answers. I beleive that someone recently answered your question with a link to a company that matches Bennington's fonts and colors. Check it out

Funny, I just bought a 2012 slx 22 with a 90hp Yamaha motor. Can anyone tell me where to purchase storage cover for my toon. It seems that the manufacturers of covers have limited supply of 2012 model covers. If not 2012 cover then what was the equivalent model number for a 2010 and 2011 toons that would fit my 2012 22SLX??

I believe it will come with a playpen cover. Again, I am new to this boating thing so I do not know if there is a difference between storage cover and playpen cover?

Link - I am aware of the "search options" but just thought I would break the ice with a random question. I did see the post about the company that matches Bennington's factory colors..Thanks!!

Back