New Rig Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg23LSB

Reaction score
So we took delivery in May of our new 23 LSB. Dented center toon both front and rear. Going to be replaced, not optimistic about how that is going to go. Particularly since it is the saltwater series.

Our rear stereo controls on the swing back are dead as well. Wanted to see if I am missing something? Accessory switch is on, power to the dash and to the stereo controls at the helm. Is there something else I need to do to power up the swing back controls?

Also have one navigation light up front that is full of condensation. Dealer said it's normal, they are not sealed units and it will dry. 2 months later still looks the same. Thinking of taking it apart to clean it and see if it will stay clear of fill up again. Any input?

Disappointed at the overall quality, $90k doesn't buy much any more. 4th new boat we've owned, all fiberglass up to this point and never had these kind of issues.

I am sure the center toon replacement will go well. They just take stuff apart, and put the new one on. I think its pretty straight forward for them. Not that it should need it but at least it’s getting taken care of for you.

Rear swingback stereo controls should ”just work” so long as accessory switch is on and the rest of the unit works. We have it, and there is NOTHING extra to be done. I would think it is either a fuse or wiring issue (or potential defective rear unit). Dealership/warranty issue in my mind when you take it in for the pontoon replacement.

Do you have the standard plastic front navigation light assembly or stainless steal option assembly? I have the LED SS one and have never had any issue such as you describe, but I have no experience with the normal plastic enclosure. Maybe someone else can speak to that issue.

I hope your new LSB is good other than the above. I think the manufacturing capacity and quality control issues 2020-22 have hit everthing. Between the disruptions, influx of new workers with increased demand, and various disruptions and shortages of available workers and materials, it seems pretty endemic: automative, snowmobile SxS, boats, jet skis, etc…

Last edited:
Thanks...the nav lights are the plastic ones.

The sour taste of the issues has clouded the enjoyment thus far. Disappointed at QC at the factory level and that the dealer didn't look at anything prior to delivery. Left to the owner to find. I'm sitting on the new owner survey trying to determine if I should be honest or if it will tick off the dealer and then I'll have more issues.

With that said, it is a nice boat. Have the 250 VMAX. I'm amazed at how quiet it is, quieter than my IO's. Not hurting for power for sure. Impressed with how well it takes the wakes too. Once I can get past these other issues I hope we are good. Also picked up the boat and the floor was covered with metal and plastic shavings. Had to thoroughly vacuum everything to get it all up.

Greg, I have the plastic navigation lights and have never had condensation over the past seven years. I’d say it’s not normal and should be replaced under warranty, at least in my opinion. I came from fiberglass as well and glad we made the switch.

Agree with Viking, super-high demand plus low unemployment has hit QC with every company. Even Chick Fil A which has typically been regarded as the pinnacle of fast food service has been a disappointment in many instances since the pandemic.

While not excusing your issues I think where you will see a difference will be in the 1) excellent design and 2) support from Bennington for any warranty items. The dealer is a wildcard for sure as they are facing the same issues, and it's been my experience customer service has always been spotty industry wide.

Agree with Viking, super-high demand plus low unemployment has hit QC with every company. Even Chick Fil A which has typically been regarded as the pinnacle of fast food service has been a disappointment in many instances since the pandemic.

While not excusing your issues I think where you will see a difference will be in the 1) excellent design and 2) support from Bennington for any warranty items. The dealer is a wildcard for sure as they are facing the same issues, and it's been my experience customer service has always been spotty industry wide.
Chick Fil A a disappointment ? Tell me it ain't so. LOL

Chick Fil A a disappointment ? Tell me it ain't so. LOL

First world problems I know. Around these parts orders are getting screwed up and the kids no longer are polite with the trademark "my pleasure". Owner/operators are probably just plugging whoever they can get with a pulse.

First world problems I know. Around these parts orders are getting screwed up and the kids no longer are polite with the trademark "my pleasure". Owner/operators are probably just plugging whoever they can get with a pulse.
Fortunately, Chick Fil A and Biscuitville are as good as ever around here. Still the go to places for quality fast food and service.

Thread being locked from further comments. Concerns have been answered. Thread going off track already. Please contact dealer and if not satisfaction not sufficient , then contact Bennington customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back