New to boating

Lakegirl2021

Reaction score
Good morning! How do y’all store your phones while on board? Hate to use the cup holder because I need that for my Limearita! Also, anyone here on Lake Houston? TIA

Weather Tech has a phone holder that fits in the cup holder

Weather Tech has a phone holder that fits in the cup holder
She doesnt want to use the cup holder " Hate to use the cup holder because I need that for my Limearita! " :cool:

I use this because I don’t need my phone out, just accessible. Waterproof, and it provides extra storage for wallet, Sea Legs remote, and other items I want kept dry, protected, and accessible at the helm.

E25BED7E-7CE6-489F-896D-0EFC71A83BCA.jpeg

F40F92F4-1912-42CD-ACE4-37A5D8078EFE.jpegC620AB48-212D-41CA-8240-2D23B04BA410.jpeg

That's what we use on our kayaks, Vikingstaff. Work great. They supposedly float, too.

I use this because I don’t need my phone out, just accessible. Waterproof, and it provides extra storage for wallet, Sea Legs remote, and other items I want kept dry, protected, and accessible at the helm.

View attachment 29223

View attachment 29222View attachment 29224
Yeti has said these are backordered since like October. When I called around a month ago they said they aren’t discontinued but just waiting for stock. I’ve been wanting one for a while.

I use a RAM Mount that I screwed to the dash, but I use my phone for Spotify and the Mercury VesselView app so I like to keep it handy.

I keep my phone in the small glovebox on my helm. It keeps it out of the sun and allows me to recharge it at the same time using a cord from my 12V outlet.

I use a scosche magnetic mount in my car, so I just bought another magnet and mounted to my dash.
I used the same type of magnetic mount for my Garmin fish finder. That was installed this winter, so I really don’t know how well it will work with wave action, but if I want to remove the finder I just pull the power and signal plugs nd lift it off the magnet.

So it attaches to the fender clips and holds well?
Oh yes...holds great. Has never moved.

I just bought two “Taylor Made” fender clips. The back of the Yeti has strong Velcro straps. I strap those to the Taylor made clips, and then just put the clips on the rail by my throttle. Another bonus is you can really place it ANYWHERE where you have open rail. It’s been great for me because it keeps everything secured and waterproof. It also keeps my phone out of the sun since i stream music from it.

If you do a search I actually made a post about it this past June with more pictures (that I have since deleted) that showed how I secured the Yeti to the Taylor made clips. Easy Peasy.

Oh yes...holds great. Has never moved.

I just bought two “Taylor Made” fender clips. The back of the Yeti has strong Velcro straps. I strap those to the Taylor made clips, and then just put the clips on the rail by my throttle. Another bonus is you can really place it ANYWHERE where you have open rail. It’s been great for me because it keeps everything secured and waterproof. It also keeps my phone out of the sun since i stream music from it.

If you do a search I actually made a post about it this past June with more pictures (that I have since deleted) that showed how I secured the Yeti to the Taylor made clips. Easy Peasy.
Sadly the Yeti item is discontinued....so im searching for something similar. But I do like the idea of using the Taylor Made clips to rig something...just need to find the new "something"

Sadly the Yeti item is discontinued....so im searching for something similar. But I do like the idea of using the Taylor Made clips to rig something...just need to find the new "something"

so I ended up paying double and buying the Yeti on eBay since it seems you can’t find one anywhere because of supply issues. Nothing seems to work as great as that Yeti/TaylorMade setup. Thanks for the recommendation.

so I ended up paying double and buying the Yeti on eBay since it seems you can’t find one anywhere because of supply issues. Nothing seems to work as great as that Yeti/TaylorMade setup. Thanks for the recommendation.
Glad you found one. Bummer you couldn’t find one at the normal price. However, I think you will really like how well it works and it’s flexibility. If not, you’ll know who to blame... :oops: :p

Yeti has said these are backordered since like October. When I called around a month ago they said they aren’t discontinued but just waiting for stock. I’ve been wanting one for a while.
I was able to buy a brand new one in the color I wanted from some dude 3,000 miles away on Facebook! I mentioned it in someone else’s unrelated post as an aside, and this guy said he had an extra unused one. I bought it at cost, and he didn’t even charge shipping! I’ve been waiting to buy one of these things for MONTHS! I’m so happy I have one now!

Attachments

• A9D31264-3C9E-4DF6-9AEC-58DC61650DB4.jpeg
    A9D31264-3C9E-4DF6-9AEC-58DC61650DB4.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 28
Back