New to the forum

mikecr

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2275 RCLP on 05/25/2012 from Crowe Marine I was persuaded not to upgrade to the F150HP and got the F115HP yamaha without lifting strakes and I really am disappointed in the performance of the top speed after break-in was only 25MPH me and the wife love the Pontoon but I am not happy with the performance.

Just purchased a 2275 RCLP on 05/25/2012 from Crowe Marine I was persuaded not to upgrade to the F150HP and got the F115HP yamaha without lifting strakes and I really am disappointed in the performance of the top speed after break-in was only 25MPH me and the wife love the Pontoon but I am not happy with the performance.
That's very strange that they wouldn't want you to spend more money, or did you buy something that the dealer had in stock? I love my 150 Honda and wish I had 250. :D

That's very strange that they wouldn't want you to spend more money, or did you buy something that the dealer had in stock? I love my 150 Honda and wish I had 250. :D
I do not know if he had one off the shelf but I know he had several boats with them on it. I would think he could have swapped one off the many he had.

Weird, I've never heard of a salesman persuading someone to spend LESS money, especially on that rig, a 150 would not be out of place at all. Unless it didn't have power steering, then it might have been a bit cumbersome and possibly less enjoyable if your tubing a lot.

On a side note, Welcome to Bennington Land!! Where all your dreams come true!Haha

Derrick

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird, I've never heard of a salesman persuading someone to spend LESS money, especially on that rig, a 150 would not be out of place at all. Unless it didn't have power steering, then it might have been a bit cumbersome and possibly less enjoyable if your tubing a lot.

On a side note, Welcome to Bennington Land!! Where all your dreams come true!Haha

Derrick
Thanks for the Welcome.

It has power steering and I really wish I would have gotten the F150 after another several hours on the water again today. I also wish I would have gotten the lifting strakes.

I would go back and see if there is something they can figure out. Ultimately, they should want you to be happy, and after a couple days, there won't be that many hours on the motor that it should make a huge difference. In my mind anyways. It's worth a shot, your going to have it for quite some time.

I agree that you should go back to the dealer. I made the same mistake two years ago by not getting the 150. I kept think I could do this or that with props or strakes to get a little more speed. Long story short, I went two years and the then traded my boat for one with ESP and a 150. I look back now and kick my self for taking it back as soon as I bought it. Could have saved some money.

I would take it back and tell the salesman that it is not performing as expected. The longer you wait, the less chance you have of doing anything.

I agree that you should go back to the dealer. I made the same mistake two years ago by not getting the 150. I kept think I could do this or that with props or strakes to get a little more speed. Long story short, I went two years and the then traded my boat for one with ESP and a 150. I look back now and kick my self for taking it back as soon as I bought it. Could have saved some money.

I would take it back and tell the salesman that it is not performing as expected. The longer you wait, the less chance you have of doing anything.
Thanks for all the comments and this is what I plan on doing I am not satisfied with the performance of the toon and I will be living with this for a while.

Thanks for all the comments and this is what I plan on doing I am not satisfied with the performance of the toon and I will be living with this for a while.
Well then heck, ya might as well bump it up to the 200hp then!Haha just buggin' :)

Derrick

Go back and get the 150. You probably can't do anything about the lifting strakes, but they should be able to swap out the motor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get that 150 and you'll sleep better at night and you won't regret the extra money...

Todd

I am not sure the 150hp will add much without strakes. See if you can test drive a 150 hp without strakes before you pull the trigger.

I am not sure the 150hp will add much without strakes. See if you can test drive a 150 hp without strakes before you pull the trigger.
I'd have to agree. I've read MANY posts on other forums of owners who cannot break 30mph on a two tube w/o strakes. That's an awful lot of money to spend on a 3-4mph increase. Having the dealer also quote you the Standard Performance Package as well as the 150 would be the route I would take.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Back