New Toon on Lake Lewisville

matthew

Reaction score
Hi fellow tooners!

Just got a 2011 2275 GCW 3 weeks ago and so far am loving every minute of it, even the struggles of getting it in the slip...LOL

Anyways I've got it in a slip at Eagle Point Marina on Lake Lewisville and just wanted to see if anyone else is out there. Would be nice to hang out with some other tooners.

NewBoat.jpg

Welcome to the forum matthew - nice looking Bennington :D

I trailer my boat and mostly go to Lake Grapevine and Joe Pool Lake - been on Lewisville once (for the test run when I bought it last August) but intend to go back this summer and will be looking for you.

Intended to go out both days this past weekend but had to cancel because of the wind; sounds like you already might undestand what a pain it is :eek:

Well if you're familiar with Eagle Point Marina I am in the boathouse right next to their private ramp behind their office. Would love to meet up one of these weekends with some other people. Been in a few car clubs over the years so thought it would be cool to plan a big get together for just the pontoons this summer. Not sure if anyone does anything like this or not??? I've decided that if it's too windy I just stay in the slip and hang out on the boat anyways. Saves gas money that way too...HAHA

I love that idea. Toon party! I went out tonight because there was no wind and it was beautiful. Cracked open a beer, lit a cigar, put on some good tunes, and shut off the engine. Looks like wind and rain for this weekend so I couldn't pass it up. :)

I've been really bummed with all the bad weather this month. Since I bought the boat 4 weeks ago it's been nothing but rain and high winds. I did manage to get it out Tuesday night and it was like glass out there. Was so nice to finally be able to pull it in the slip on the first try with no problems. Gives me some encouragement to know that I'm actually good at docking under perfect conditions. (I use the same excuse when I play golf too...Damn wind!!!) HAHA

Either way let's seriously work on a get together sometime this summer. Maybe even meeting up at sneaky pete's first. In the meantime if anyone wants to plan on getting together any weekend let me know. I've got a grill on the boat and i'm always happy to drink some beer. I'm planning on getting a patio set and a fridge/freezer for the slip here in the next week or two so at least if the weather is not cooperating i can at least hang out by the boat LOL

Perfect.jpg

Lake Lewisville is our home lake. We just took delivery of our 2011 20SFI this last Friday. Enjoyed our maiden voyage with wine & cheese at sunset. It was beautiful. Looing forward to meeting some fellow tooners as this is our first. What a change from the fish-n-ski. We were even able to go out this last weekend with 20-30 mph wind. No problem cruising to a sheltered cove to anchor up and enjoy the day.

Lake Lewisville is our home lake. We just took delivery of our 2011 20SFI this last Friday. Enjoyed our maiden voyage with wine & cheese at sunset. It was beautiful. Looing forward to meeting some fellow tooners as this is our first. What a change from the fish-n-ski. We were even able to go out this last weekend with 20-30 mph wind. No problem cruising to a sheltered cove to anchor up and enjoy the day.
I have a new Bennington on Lake Ray Hubbard. I want to install an anchor rope cleat to make it easy to attach the anchor rope. Any suggestions on how to mount it? Can I just bolt it into the deck in front of the side rail?

TIA...

Hi, I am new to the post, but on the anchor thing I found a spring clip like the mounting climbers use works great

hooked to the front hole in the toon.

Craig

I have a new 2275FSI and we are docked at Hidden Cove Marina on Lake Lewisville. There are a few more Bennies there as well. Maybe we could start our own Toon Party Club like they have over at Party Cove. Im 51 so I would prefer something a little more toned down. However I do love my Miller Lite and occasional shot of something cold!! Maybe we could take turns hosting the get togethers or tie ups in different coves. Just a thought!

Back