No power to Trim, Gauges, Engine

Joe Sers

Reaction score
I have a 2007 2275RL with a Yamaha F115 engine. I have a new batter with good power I have power to the accessories, but not the gauges, trim or engine. Don’t see any fuses. Can’t get the engine down without trim. Boat is in a lift with engine up
Any ideas appreciated

Have you checked the brakers and switches on your helm ? Wiring under the helm ?

Have you checked under the helm ?
Those can come loose as well . On my 2020 ,I had to zip tie one it came loose so often .

My understanding of the motor is limited but with no trim and good battery the problem will be found under the hood. Lower the motor with the manual release screw on the side near the tilt pivot.

Thanks, I was afraid that may be the case. The motor is all the way up and in a lift over the water. Time for some waders maybe

Have you checked under the helm ?
Those can come loose as well . On my 2020 ,I had to zip tie one it came loose so often .
I will check again, it is such a birds nest of wires, I may not know what I am looking at

Check for loose connections . You will have some unused wires ,they all do .
If you come across large coil of wire ,that is your radio antenna .

Out of curiosity ,bad ignition or loose wires ?

It working is all that matters , its possible your issue could help others in the future .
I can't swear it wasn't loose or a short, but didn't see any indication of that. I replaced the whole ignition and kill switch and it works now

Back