North Dakota member

Wild and Free

Reaction score
Name is Bill, found this forum through a discussion on another pontoon forum.

On my second Bennington. First was an 07 2275 GL tripple tube with a 150 yammy 4 stroke.

Traded it in on the rig I custom ordered in my sig last fall, it didn't show up until the end of september so the girl hasn't even been wet yet.

I kept the trailer and the engine and put it on the new boat, just couldn't justify spending more to replace an engine thats only 4 years old and only 190 hours on it. Although I would have liked a 225 but I love the fuel economy of this engine so much I just couldn't part with it especially now that gas it headed close to 4 bucks a gallon makes me glad I stayed with the 150.

Name is Bill, found this forum through a discussion on another pontoon forum.

On my second Bennington. First was an 07 2275 GL tripple tube with a 150 yammy 4 stroke.

Traded it in on the rig I custom ordered in my sig last fall, it didn't show up until the end of september so the girl hasn't even been wet yet.

I kept the trailer and the engine and put it on the new boat, just couldn't justify spending more to replace an engine thats only 4 years old and only 190 hours on it. Although I would have liked a 225 but I love the fuel economy of this engine so much I just couldn't part with it especially now that gas it headed close to 4 bucks a gallon makes me glad I stayed with the 150.
Welcome, Bill. I like your logic behind your purchase. She sounds like a real beauty!

Nice to hear there are a few other North Dakota Benne owners out there. We just took delivery of a 2011 2275 FSI this week. 115 Yamaha. Plan to take it to Lake Sakakawea as soon as the ice is off. Plan to do mostly fishing and some cruising this summer. Last weekend we had a blizzard (4-5 inches of snow)...no kidding! This weekend it is in the mid 60's - aaaah ND - you just can't beat it! If you don't like the weather in North Dakota, just wait, it will change.

Well We may end up going to the big lake more as the Missouri river is now so high between garrison Dam and Pierre SD that most boat ramps and parking lots attached to them are now under water and sounds like the corps is going to run it at this level all summer now. Amazing how 2-3 years changes things, record low levels 3 years ago and 1/4 mile long boat ramps and now no ramps in site due to high water. :rolleyes: The river crowd is already whining as it was a dream land of huge sandbars and now not a single one in site plus no sandy shorelines either.

Need to get out and check the ramps in the area and see what is going to work for us the best on the river. I am in the middle of a huge house remodel project now so It doesn't look like our boat will be wet for another few weeks plus I want to polish and shark Hyde the tubes before it gets wet for the first time also.

work work work work. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back