OB motor lower end plug gaskets

dmctruby

Reaction score
Anyone have a source for the Mercury OB lower unit filler and drain screw gaskets. You should renew them when changing the oil. Seems like every shop around here carries the blue gasket. Even though it's a Merc part listed to fit they do not seal anywhere near as well as the stock yellow ones. The yellow ones have a slight recess for the screw head, plus the material is more like a hard rubber vs blue gasket which is more like a paper composite.

I found them locally but only when you purchase them with the filler or drain screw. I was looking to get a box of 15 or so. My motor is 2011 115 4 stroke, but it seems the lower units plug/screws are pretty common to many of the Merc OB models.

You might try HERE

They have everything you'd ever need for a Merc, though this link is specific to Verado's. Just email or call him and they'll help you out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link but I paid less for the new drain screw & gasket then this site has for just gasket, wow that price is high , nearly $5 per gasket.

You might try HERE

They have everything you'd ever need for a Merc, though this link is specific to Verado's. Just email or call him and they'll help you out.

Back