Off season upgrades

jsur

Reaction score
So I will be pulling my boat off the water this Wednesday. What a crazy cool summer in Wisconsin. We had a hard time hitting 80 most of the time. Hopefully next year will be warmer and much earlier (ice til April). So what upgrades are members planning? I was hoping to get the wet sounds speakers on this summer, but they were on short supply all summer long. I hope to get them on before next year. I also hope to pick up the fancy ptm mirror, we will see...

I'll be upgrading the sound system, definitely a 4-channel amp and maybe a sub.  Depending on how the current Kicker speakers sound with the new amp they might have to go to make room for the wet sounds.

Funny it's my wife who said that the radio sounds crappy. :rolleyes:

Ptm mirror hopfully, 4 channel amp, upgraded gamin that's what's on my list. Th3 most important would be the mirror.

I'll be upgrading the sound system, definitely a 4-channel amp and maybe a sub. Depending on how the current Kicker speakers sound with the new amp they might have to go to make room for the wet sounds.
I have the kickers and they are not bad with the amp. Most people question why I would upgrade. However, as the volume increases I can hear them slipping a bit, I think that is considered distortion.

Hey Kahlua0517 I see we purchased from the same NY dealer. Where do you boat?

Thanks to a lot of help with GoldenRod I have ordered the Express tube and underdeck wave shield

Mark,

I guess the PADS antidote worked pretty good. Looks like you got off with just a slight reaction, not the full blown virus ..... :)

I already did mine, replaced all 6 of the carpeted bunks on the trailer with plastic capped versions yesterday. They're really nice. I may still do a swing away trailer tongue to save 4' in the pole barn, but installation is a little salty. Nothing on the boat other than a good bath, wax, and 303, as I love it just the way it is.

We are upgrading our lake............we have boated at Lake Anna in Virginia for a little over 20 yrs. We will miss it but...........Our new house at Lake Norman NC will be done probably at the end of October beginning November. We won't bring the boat down til next spring.........

Last edited by a moderator:
We are upgrading our lake............we have boated at Lake Anna in Virginia for a little over 20 yrs. We will miss it but...........Our new house at Lake Norman NC will be done probably at the end of October beginning November. We won't bring the boat down til next spring.........
We boat in the winter sometimes Daril. I already have a lake map for you and give me your address again so I can go look at your new house and take some pics for you.      :p

I hear there are pirates in my area, so I decided to do an upgraded deck gun package during the off-season. Twin 50 BMG with turret and shield on the bow. On the stern, an M-19. Port side, M-134 and to the starboard a 25MM MGS MK-38 with mount. Decided against the torpedo package due the weight, though they mount perfect between the toons. The extra weight may cause me to lose a couple MPH off the top end, but what the heck. Damn the torpedo's, full speed ahead.

Hope everyone is doing well. Looking forward to taking the boat out this weekend. It is still over 100 here, so plenty warm.

Cheers, Steve

That's great news BigKahuna, and funny - upgrading the lake.

After seeing CWags house pix and thinking they were beautiful as well as seeing the 4th of July article on Lake Norman in PDB I started by looking up Lake Norman in Wikipedia [nice large lake] and then Google earth.  It looks like a great place to retire to.  I wish you years of happiness there.  Keep us posted on the move

Sent you an e mail Carl......

Thanks and will do Link......

Sounds like a great time. I'd love to see the building photos as well. Started on my shed this past weekend. Made a good dent on the framing Sunday. As for boat upgrades I don't have any on my list. Just keeping one for a winter will be new for me. We're on our third toon and this is the first one that will see fall!

Shedphoto_zps57957506.jpg

Looking good Andy !!

Nice job Lakeliving, looks good.  Great you have those skills.  I bought a new shed for the camp but made it a point to buy from a local rather than HD or Lowes

I'm building 2 pole buildings. I wanted one 30' x 40' with 14' walls, but the zoning board wouldn't grant a variance for that size.

So, I am building an 18' x 36' with 14' walls and a 16' x 13' overhead door. This will primarily be for the Benny. I won't need to raise and lower the top to get in and out. I'm also putting a 10' x 13' overhead door on the other end so I can drive through. No insulation, liner or extensive wiring in the tall one.

Next to it, I am building an 18' x 32' building with 10' wall. It will have one 16' x 10' overhead door. I'll probably wire, insulate and line this one. It will be for my other boat, a couple cars and "stuff."

So, it's all good. I get the square footage I need, the height I need and don't have to spend as much $$ inside.

Back