Oil ??

ronfl

Reaction score
OK another ? from a newbe! I didn't get the owners manual for the 90hp 4 stroke yamaha on my 2275RL. I bought it used! My questions are:

1) What weight oil should I use when winterizing? I plan on using Yamalube.. 10 30, 10 40, ?

2) How many quarts do they hold?

3) Is there a place to get an owners manual?

:mellow: :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

Thanks

I would imagine you can go to Yamaha's website and there will be some form of support section. There you should be able to download a copy of your owners manual.

A good place to get info for your Yamaha is the "iboats.com" forums. They have one for each manufacturer and many techs post there.

Yamaha F90 Owner's Manual

Oh, and I like synthetic oil myself. I use Amsoil in everything I own. Except for the leaf blower.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome.

If you are running hard in fairly warm waters and hot ambient temps consistantly I would run 10-40 if you are in normal conditions then 10-30 will work for most all applications.

I too run amsoil in everything i own through and through. I am a dealer as well.

If you are running hard in fairly warm waters and hot ambient temps consistantly I would run 10-40 if you are in normal conditions then 10-30 will work for most all applications.

I too run amsoil in everything i own through and through. I am a dealer as well.
Is there a special type amsoil I should look for? Boat/outboard oil?

Is there a special type amsoil I should look for? Boat/outboard oil?
Amsoil has a complete line of Marine oils. 2 stroke, engine oils and gear oils.

Back