Onboard Battery Charger

Lakenut

Reaction score
I am on my second Bennington pontoon, I bought a new 2004 2550RL, sold it to my sister's family last July to by a new 2575GCW. The new GCW came with the mid ship bar and all the options from led lighting to a refrigerator, my question is this. Has anyone had a problem with the Pro Mariner onboard charger? The boat came factory with a 12amp dual bank charger to charge the house battery for the refrigerator and water pump for the sink and wash down hose. I had the charger replaced once already from the dealer and now the light comes on for power to the charger but it doesn't indicate any batteries being charged and will not charge the batteries.I checked the batteries with a meter and then hooked up a different charger, the batter are fine. Just curious if anyone has has similar problems with this model charger.

Remember, it's covered under the 10 year warranty.

I have the ProNautic 1250p charger and it is great for my battery banks. They do make some smaller ones that would work great for you too. 

Welcome lakenut! I've got an almost identical boat except for the refrigerator so I can't really help you out with an answer. We love the mid ship bar layout, though.

Update, I did talk to the dealer about a warranty claim on the onboard charger, I went by the dealership last week and the new charger had come in. Of course they must have been backed up on service because they just handed me the charger and said there is a return address label to send back the defective one. So I guess I will take care of changing it out myself, which is not too big of a deal because I was going to pull the boat out anyway from the wet slip and add some upgrades to the lights. Maybe 3rd time is a charm on my onboard charger! Also, I have not posted much in the past on the Bennington forum but now I have a new business that I have started and have 12 volt techs that install marine audio and lighting. Anyone need advice on those topics let me know. I am very OCD about my boats and other toys and I would like to help anyway I can on the forum. LN

I'm thinking about buying one of these for my batteries (Not for the benny) Does Bennington use the Promariner brand on their boats?

I'm looking for a battery charger I can use for the marine batteries for these little electric boats I bought. I'm looking for something that will do a good job, not cause the battery damage and not cost a fortune.

I'm thinking about buying one of these for my batteries (Not for the benny) Does Bennington use the Promariner brand on their boats?

I'm looking for a battery charger I can use for the marine batteries for these little electric boats I bought. I'm looking for something that will do a good job, not cause the battery damage and not cost a fortune.

I use a CTEK 3300 for just about everything marine and it works really well, boat batteries, Seadoo, and most other toys.

Amazon CTEK 3300

I use a CTEK 3300 for just about everything marine and it works really well, boat batteries, Seadoo, and most other toys.

Amazon CTEK 3300

So this will work for a deep cycle marine battery without issues?

I use it on my AGM's, pretty much everything. It has a mode selection (snowflake) for deep cycle.

Thanks Tom.

Back