Only in Michigan

Jack M

Reaction score
Lake St. Clair

37864399_2148559905380923_4763051214378106880_n.jpg

I’m lucky they do not have a pizza boat or ice cream boat on Houghton Lake. It would be TOO tempting to snag when out on the water and feeling lazy. On another note, I wonder if something similar could be my retirement gig. ;):cool::D

I've seen a pontoon on Eagle Mountain Lake and Lake Lewisville in North Texas that had ice cream, tacos, pizza, chicken, drinks, etc. Sooooo, it's not only in Michigan!

Its meant to be sarcastic .

I’d never leave the lake!!! I thought it was bad enough we have all sorts or access to food, ice cream, and the occasional adult beverage, but if that pulled up to our sand bar I’d be in heaven!!

Instead of floating tiki bars, imagine if they were made to look like GIANT ICE CUBES! How cool would that be (pun intended).:p:D

I'm not even sure what it was used for ,look at the bow and I dont see a motor .May have just been a swim platform

I heard there were a couple lifts/toons flipped on our lake due to those same storms. Lots of storm damage in some areas around Houghton Lake, MI. We were fortunate as our stretch of the lake was okay.

Last edited:
We traveled downstate Tuesday ,got off at West Branch for gas ,the entire town had no power .We must have just missed it

I believe either a low grade tornado, or severe straight line winds hit around West Branch.

Hi Swan, we're located off the south shore. Might have seen you on the lake but then again, there's a lot of Benny's running around.

Hi Michiman,
Not a Benny owner yet, but hope to change that next Spring. I would really like to discuss the many questions I have about purchasing a Bennington pontoon, specifically in the Houghton Lake area. Is there another way for us to communicate so I won't take up a bunch of space on the forum? Email? Text?
Private Message? Thanks!

Those ways exist but using the forum will allow you to get several opinions plus some members on the site are more knowledgeable about some topics than are others. You must also know that once you get your Benny you must post pictures.

Back