Options and upgrades to consider

Pallen995

Reaction score
I have a 22LSR on order.

Does anyone have an opinion on adding any of the following...... GPS speedometer, Wash down, Dual Battery, Extra Cupholders and American Flag

I have a 22LSR on order.

Does anyone have an opinion on adding any of the following...... GPS speedometer, Wash down, Dual Battery, Extra Cupholders and American Flag
I think the dual battery is a great idea as you won’t have to worry about one being dead. You can just switch to the other one. I was interested in the wash down station when I build mine but never could ge a straight answer if there is a fresh water tank or if it just pumps water from your body of water. I wouldn’t want to just dump lake water on things. The cup holders would depend on how many people you will typically have on the boat. The standard models have lots of spots. If you look at standard specs for the L when you build it you do get 2 portable cup holders standard. My dealer informed me of this so I took off extra ones. GPS speedometer is probably more accurate but if you weren’t planning on it does it really matter if it’s off a mile or two? Depends if this fits in your budget. Flag is a personal choice. Good luck deciding. Lots of choices.

Congratulations on your new Bennington! Some sage advise from lakelife. As for the washdown, mine has a fresh water tank (about 7 gal) and we use it a fair amount, particularly to clean hard to reach places like where the seats meet the floor and such. Ours works great. Tell us a bit more about your build.

Some people in previous threads have mentioned just going with this.
You can hook up a water bottle or just throw the hose over the side and use lake water. Sounds like decent pressure but not enough to do damage. On my build since I didn’t get a live well the weren’t sure if there was a tank somewhere else or not. Keep us posted.

Our 22 LSR arrived two weeks ago. We went with the dual batteries and extra cup holders. There's plenty of build in cup holders so, for now, we're storing the removable ones. We'll bring them out if needed. I went with the flag and I fly it proudly. For instrumentation, we went with the Simrad Go 7...still playing with setting it up the way I want it. No wash down. We keep our 22 LSR in a slip with wash water access.

I didnt see the Simrad Go 7 as an option on the Bennington build site and the dealer didnt offer it. Is that something that would need to be ordered independent of the dealer? After looking it up it looks pretty cool. The only control upgrade I see on the Bennington build site is the Rockford PMX 2 and 3 which I believe is only for upgrading the music controller.

Our 22 LSR arrived two weeks ago. We went with the dual batteries and extra cup holders. There's plenty of build in cup holders so, for now, we're storing the removable ones. We'll bring them out if needed. I went with the flag and I fly it proudly. For instrumentation, we went with the Simrad Go 7...still playing with setting it up the way I want it. No wash down. We keep our 22 LSR in a slip with wash water access.
I didnt see the Simrad Go 7 as an option on the Bennington build site and the dealer didnt offer it. Is that something that would need to be ordered independent of the dealer? After looking it up it looks pretty cool. The only control upgrade I see on the Bennington build site is the Rockford PMX 2 and 3 which I believe is only for upgrading the music controller.

Curious. I placed my 22LSR order first of nov

I did not see them including the 2 portable cup holders when I built so I added 2. Now I see they have 2 included. So im wondering if the 2 free cup holders is new or always there.
I ordered 2. So if we get two free, that’s fine and they weren’t expensive so I don’t mine having extras with the SR model, since there are 4 couches. Just curious if they were always adding 2 free

Engine/options page under pre rig. I added one to my LsR. Heard good things.

The Simrad Go 7 was a dealer upgrade option at Phil Dill Boats in Lewisville , TX. I think most of the Benningtons they sell are equipped with the Simrad. It looks good in the console and it's extremely functional.

It is an order option through Bennington. Should not have to do it with dealer after market. However, it is the GPS/Fishfinder, and thus not in the section with the Rockford PMX2 and 3. Look under GPS/Fishfinders...forget where that is exactly in the online build set up, but it is there and separate. Much better than the standard one that comes with it otherwise.

Back