Ottoman

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
So who here has the cushioned ottoman/cooler? Not the one with the cupholders, is it worth it? Do you find it to be more in the way then handy? We used to slide our cooler under the console, but now with the RCW having the stereo mounted under there, I wonder if it will fit. Any idea how big the ottoman is? Thanks everyone,

Derrick

So who here has the cushioned ottoman/cooler? Not the one with the cupholders, is it worth it? Do you find it to be more in the way then handy? We used to slide our cooler under the console, but now with the RCW having the stereo mounted under there, I wonder if it will fit. Any idea how big the ottoman is? Thanks everyone,

Derrick
Hi Derrick. I had an ottoman in my old 2575 and ordered a new one in my 2575 RCW. Cannot speak for other models, but I feel the 2575 RCW has adequate cupholders builtin, so getting a couple with the coffee table isn't necessary and also I feel the coffee table is too big, taking up too much room. (Just my opinion) So on a 22 footer it would take up even more floorspace. The ottoman on the other hand is about 25" long and maybe 20" high. It has a plastic interior that can hold ice, etc. It is handiest as a footstool, cooler, and or seat. It is soft. When I get home Thursday I can measure it for you. I highly recommend it. Gerry

Last edited by a moderator:
Derrick - I have the ottoman you are describing. Gerry is close on the estimated dimensions; it is also about 14/15 inches wide. Personally we use it as a extra seat, foot rest, and storage (binoculars and various ropes in mine). Honestly, it could be a cooler but I don't think very efficient. You would have to load it with drinks and ice and then later, pick it up to dump out the melted ice water, hoping the lid stays open as you do it. So for me it is useful, it is not in the way, but it is not a cooler.

Derrick - I have the ottoman you are describing. Gerry is close on the estimated dimensions; it is also about 14/15 inches wide. Personally we use it as a extra seat, foot rest, and storage (binoculars and various ropes in mine). Honestly, it could be a cooler but I don't think very efficient. You would have to load it with drinks and ice and then later, pick it up to dump out the melted ice water, hoping the lid stays open as you do it. So for me it is useful, it is not in the way, but it is not a cooler.
I agree Friar. You have described it just about right. Gerry

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info, I was wondering how to dump it, I didn't know if it had some sort of a liner that lifted out or something. Might just scratch it off the list. Thanks again, Derrick

I have it. I worked a deal on the cost. MSRP it is a bit over priced. Having said that, the interior of the boat is so nice I like having a matching cooler/storage. We use more for storage and a foot rest then we use as cooler.

I ordered a 2012 Bennie with one just makes it look classey and we have the bow gate seat too.

You know Hoss, I always liked the look of the bow seat to, it just finished the look. I declined right now only because I always pulled my deck boat straight into the slip and we enter and exit through the bow. Post some pix, maybe we will start entering through the port gate

Hey Link, just take a look in the gallery, I believe the first album has pics of the bow seat. I tried to talk the wife into it as well, I really like the looks of it, but was informed that that is where our dogs like to look out when we are moving. Motion denied.

Derrick

Derrick, that's CRAZY! Just move the dogs to where your wife usually sits. [God I'm glad my wife doesn't look at this forum]

Hey Link, just take a look in the gallery, I believe the first album has pics of the bow seat. I tried to talk the wife into it as well, I really like the looks of it, but was informed that that is where our dogs like to look out when we are moving. Motion denied.

Derrick

Derrick, that's CRAZY! Just move the dogs to where your wife usually sits. [God I'm glad my wife doesn't look at this forum]
Haha, it's amazing how big we talk when we think they won't see!! Haha I also figure the dogs are always stuck in the back of the truck looking out the back window watching where we've been, this is their chance to see where we're going! I even tried the argument that we can put it on the port side when we're cruzing, denied as well! Haha WOMEN!

Derrick

Back