Pandora

MrFreeze

Reaction score
Has any one used this Belkin Bluetooh gateway to stream satilite radio like Pandora to your boat?

My link

I guess it depends on your boat. I have a 2011 2575 RCW which has the Sony stereo and USB port built into the helm. There are also several hard connections at the unit itelf inside the helm (where the unit is actually mounted). No need for bluetooth connectivity.

I had to replace my head unit this year, so I just went with a satellite compatible Jensen (Fifty bucks), a SiriusXM SCC1 (another fifty bucks), along with a small antenna that I mounted right on my console to the right of my windscreen; and that worked out great.

I'm guessing your situation is that you don't have a an existing satellite compatible head unit and you plan to plug in a Bluetooth adapter and use your iPhone to get reception.

I'll tell you this...

I used a Sirius receiver with an FM transmitter to send satellite programming to my AM/FM head unit, and it was a PITA. I always had to make sure the receiver was with me, I needed a power cord for that and I had to snake an antenna line along the Bimini structure.

Whatever YOU'RE using is going to need a power source if you're going to be using it as a receiver. Batteries will only last so long.

You can DO that, but just be aware that it's not optimal, and if you're going to spend money at all it would be wise to decide which path is more prudent NOW, rather than the way I did it, which caused me to spend money twice.

For my listening pleasure, I use the Skydock for the Iphone. I don't know if they are even still available anymore. It is a very nice unit and easily moveable from vehicle to vehicle. I can move it from my work pickup to my good pickup in a matter of seconds. Then it moves to the boat just as easily.

I did have a slight problem with it and had to do a minor repair. However, a small amount of JB weld fixed it right up and it is better than new. I just don't think it was supposed to take the kind of abuse it gets here in the sticks and out on the water.

Just my .02.

andy

I guess it depends on your boat. I have a 2011 2575 RCW which has the Sony stereo and USB port built into the helm. There are also several hard connections at the unit itelf inside the helm (where the unit is actually mounted). No need for bluetooth connectivity.
I have a 2012 2575 RCW. Yes I have a USB port on the dash. I would like to be able to stream Pandora from an Iphone and at times a Blackberry. I was under the impression that I needed a bluetooth gateway to do this. Not true?

I have a 2012 2575 RCW. Yes I have a USB port on the dash. I would like to be able to stream Pandora from an Iphone and at times a Blackberry. I was under the impression that I needed a bluetooth gateway to do this. Not true?
Does it not have a AUX jack on the dash? I plug my iphone in that with a 6' audio cord with male jacks on both ends and stream Pandora and also have complete control of the iphone for changing channels or shuffling stations.

That would depend on whether your head unit can receive a Bluetooth signal.

I do the same. Simple solution. Plug the iphone into the aux port on the radio, and play pandora from the iphone through the radio, works great.

quote name='Mudbug' timestamp='1337188418' post='8901']

Does it not have a AUX jack on the dash? I plug my iphone in that with a 6' audio cord with male jacks on both ends and stream Pandora and also have complete control of the iphone for changing channels or shuffling stations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back