Pictures of Bennington Manufacturing / Help Wanted

LaurencetheAdventurer

Reaction score
Found these on the Bennington Facebook Page, thought you might enjoy - Thank you Robert Williams! Look at all those boats just waiting to be shipped.

Attachments

• 2021-05-04 21.57.02.jpg
    2021-05-04 21.57.02.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 2021-05-04 21.57.09.jpg
    2021-05-04 21.57.09.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 2021-05-04 21.57.13.jpg
    2021-05-04 21.57.13.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 2021-05-04 21.58.05.jpg
    2021-05-04 21.58.05.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 131
That would be a fun retirement job. Unlikely they want me welding anytime soon!!

Did anyone else notice the odd looking (at least to me) brown boat on the right side of the third picture? Something looks backward to me. o_O
Umm...just pulled it up and spotted what you are talking about. What the...heck. Looks like the pontoons are on it backwards. Is that what you are seeing too? :eek:

Looks like they welded nose cones on the back of a normal boat judging by how far they stick out past the rail. Special order maybe??

In this job market where it's more profitable to stay home and collect a gov't check, the pool of candidates might be slim pickings. I hope quality doesn't go down as they try to ramp up...

When I was last at the factory, that part of the yard was indeed the land of mis-fit boats. There was a dozen or so boats there, all suffering from an affliction (or more). I would guess they are waiting to get scrapped.

Umm...just pulled it up and spotted what you are talking about. What the...heck. Looks like the pontoons are on it backwards. Is that what you are seeing too? :eek:
Thats so you can trick the fish.....they think you are heading the opposite direction...lol

When I was last at the factory, that part of the yard was indeed the land of mis-fit boats. There was a dozen or so boats there, all suffering from an affliction (or more). I would guess they are waiting to get scrapped.

I can’t imagine they couldn’t salvage this one. I noticed the one beside it looks like the wrap deteriorated and is now just open to the weather. What some of us would give to get our hands on the misfits!
It looks like this unit is way to fancy to be an R&D unit to test efficiency of a double pointed toon. That was my first thought.

Kills me if they scrap them like the automotive manufacturers do.

The Bennington factory is in Elkhart County in Indiana. Its the main hub of several boat and RV manufacturers. The county has a troubling high number of Covid infections, that is no surprise do to the nature of these factory type settings. Many residents in the county are illegal immigrants and I understand they are hesitant to get the vaccine due to their immigration status.
There is also a shortage of skilled trades people and some companies are poaching workers from other companies.
I toured the Bennington factory about 5 years ago and was very impressed with the quality of the workforce compared to what I saw at some of the other factories In the area.

Back