Playpen Cover Bleeding

Ours has not, it's black. What color is yours?

I seem to recall seeing this subject on here before, you might do a search and see what comes up.

It makes me wonder if the colored covers need to be rinsed to set the dye, like you would with Rit fabric dye, just a thought.

Otherwise, you might want to contact your dealer so they are aware of the problem if it continues to bleed.

has anyone had their playpen cover bleed on to the top of their seats??
My cover bleeds but not on the seats.............but down the side of the panels.............AAAAAHHHHHH! Driving me nuts! When I move my toon to undercover storage I'm going to take the cover to a local upholstery shop and see if they can re dye it or something. The cover is in great shape other than it being faded from being out in the sun 6 mos out of the year..............Has anybody had this done before???????????

My cover bleeds but not on the seats.............but down the side of the panels.............AAAAAHHHHHH! Driving me nuts! When I move my toon to undercover storage I'm going to take the cover to a local upholstery shop and see if they can re dye it or something. The cover is in great shape other than it being faded from being out in the sun 6 mos out of the year..............Has anybody had this done before???????????
my cover is burgundy/red and only on one section of seats like 5 or 6 dots.

My cover is dark blue- it is my second cover, it is made from different material and it does bleed. My original cover did not bleed. I cant seem to get all of he color off the seats. Any ideas?

My cover is dark blue- it is my second cover, it is made from different material and it does bleed. My original cover did not bleed. I cant seem to get all of he color off the seats. Any ideas?
Is it a Bennington cover, or someone else's?

have seen this problem posted before but I never have had any issues with the cover bleeding. When I first got my boat I sprayed the mooring cover with the recomended 303 fabric product., wonder if that is why I don't have problems. Did those that are having problems not spray with 303?

Last edited by a moderator:
have seen this problem posted before but I never have had any issues with the cover bleeding. When I first got my boat I sprayed the mooring cover with the recomended 303 fabric product., wonder if that is why I don't have problems. Did those that are having problems not spray with 303?
I didnt spray my cover...... but just my opinion the cover shouldnt bleed when not sprayed.first year with boat and only outside from april.

Is it "color" bleed or streaking like you get on RV's. That's typically "dirt" streaking which is almost not preventable unless under covered storage.

Smitty

Is it "color" bleed or streaking like you get on RV's. That's typically "dirt" streaking which is almost not preventable unless under covered storage.

Smitty
It is bleeding burgundy AND streaking dirt. It runs down the side of the panels whenever it rains. (I posted pics on an earlier post).....I bring the cover home and lay it out in the driveway and thoroughly clean it twice a year. I have treated the cover w/the 303 fabric protector AT LEAST once a year since I have owned the boat for 5 years. I don't think the previous owner even cleaned it. I don't care what you treat it with the sun is going to tear it up eventually...............

It is bleeding burgundy AND streaking dirt. It runs down the side of the panels whenever it rains. (I posted pics on an earlier post).....I bring the cover home and lay it out in the driveway and thoroughly clean it twice a year. I have treated the cover w/the 303 fabric protector AT LEAST once a year since I have owned the boat for 5 years. I don't think the previous owner even cleaned it. I don't care what you treat it with the sun is going to tear it up eventually...............
i took my boat out odf the water 2 weeks ago we had a lot of heavey rain here ( maine ) this fall. its a 2012 first year in water and when we took the cover off to drive it to the boat launch and cgive it one more cleaning before we put it away we notice on top of the seats some spotting of red not on all seats just some . just wondering if anyone else had this issue??

i took my boat out odf the water 2 weeks ago we had a lot of heavey rain here ( maine ) this fall. its a 2012 first year in water and when we took the cover off to drive it to the boat launch and cgive it one more cleaning before we put it away we notice on top of the seats some spotting of red not on all seats just some . just wondering if anyone else had this issue??
"Selmahotrod" has the same problem you do...............read above.

TB will investigate for you...we recall a situation where the upholstery itself "pinked", but cannot recall the conditions. This was not at all related to the cover; however, the natural reaction to a stain at the top of a seat is to think of the cover, of course. (Particularly when it's a red or merlot colored cover!) We'll try to report back on the cause and prevention of pinking.

Big Kahuna, TB believes your dealer has already contacted our Customer Service department on your behalf. (Anna's Marine, correct?)

Acid rain is typically the culprit for dark stains running down the side panels. Over the years we have tried various ways to minimize this issue, and moving panels to the "inside" of the rail frame seems to be most effective. Darker colored panels also help, of course!

Team Bennington.............you are correct, Anna's Marine center has contacted your customer service department but it has been a couple years. Is there any recourse on an 8 yr old playpen cover that is badly faded but otherwise in great shape???????

TB will investigate for you...we recall a situation where the upholstery itself "pinked", but cannot recall the conditions. This was not at all related to the cover; however, the natural reaction to a stain at the top of a seat is to think of the cover, of course. (Particularly when it's a red or merlot colored cover!) We'll try to report back on the cause and prevention of pinking.

Big Kahuna, TB believes your dealer has already contacted our Customer Service department on your behalf. (Anna's Marine, correct?)

Acid rain is typically the culprit for dark stains running down the side panels. Over the years we have tried various ways to minimize this issue, and moving panels to the "inside" of the rail frame seems to be most effective. Darker colored panels also help, of course!
thanks TB!

Team Bennington.............you are correct, Anna's Marine center has contacted your customer service department but it has been a couple years. Is there any recourse on an 8 yr old playpen cover that is badly faded but otherwise in great shape???????
Sorry Kahuna, no recourse for an older cover. They do need replacing once in a while...even on a Bennington or Cobalt!

Hi Smitty,

Found a couple of scenarios where pinking can occur between a cover and the tops of the seats:

1. Depending on the cleaner used for upholstery, the clear coat protectant can be compromised or removed from the fabric. After this happens, UV "burns" can occur wherever the cover and upholstery meet under sun drenched conditions for long periods of time.

2. Is the boat kept in a facility/building where emissions may be present? An example of this would be forklift exhaust (we experienced this at Bennington at one point and it took a while to determine the cause). Pinking from emissions will resolve itself and disappear after the upholstery is exposed to sunlight for a few hours.

If possible, please have your dealer snap a few pictures to submit to our Customer Service department for review so we can take a look. Your boat is relatively new and the cause should be determined.

Thanks, TB

Sorry Kahuna, no recourse for an older cover. They do need replacing once in a while...even on a Bennington or Cobalt!
Haha! Didn't think so TB. Thanks for the response............

I didn't really notice any bleeding but the color faded on my cover after a couple of years. The cover itself is still in great shape except for some color fade, and since it is from 2004 I don't think I can complain at all.

Back